We're Christians passionate about ending poverty. We're following Jesus where the need is greatest, working through local churches to unlock people's potential and helping them to discover that the answer to poverty is within themselves. When disasters strike, we respond quickly. We won't stop until poverty stops. We have an exciting new role at Tearfund for someone to head up our work in Eurasia & North Africa (ENA).
This role is responsible for leading, supporting, equipping and encouraging the Country Leads within the region to enable Tearfund's vision, outcomes and priorities to ensure ‘one Tearfund'.
You will represent and support all aspects of Tearfund's work in the region, linking into appropriate regional churches/ bodies and to link with fellow regions leads to ensure learning both within and across regions. In addition, you will provide strategic leadership to the whole International Group (IG) effort alongside other members of the IG Senior Management Team.
Do you have experience of:
- Leading and delivering strategic and operational change within teams in country, region and across organisations.
- Partnering with national NGO and church partner organisations
- Connecting and building relationships with church bodies across the region
- Organisational leadership, including forming and shaping a team.
- Strategic and operational leadership of development and disaster management
- Budget planning and management
Are you able to:
- Empower country teams to do their work and hold them accountable for results
- Lead and inspire a team and back them with support to achieve a common vision
- Plan, prioritise and organise multiple work tasks under tight timelines and in close cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Lead dynamically in changing contexts and through change within organisations, bringing fresh energy and vision
- Make and take responsibility for operational decisions
- Manage conflict effectively
- An excellent leader with coaching and mentoring skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- A relationship-builder with networking skills
- Do you share in Tearfund's vision to see all people freed from poverty, living transformed lives, and reaching their God-given potential?
Then we'd love to hear from you!
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs. The recruitment process with include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
- Please note: this role will be based in Amman, Jordan
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Preference will be given to those with the right to live and work in Jordan
Interview dates are as follows:
- Skype interviews week commencing 23rd March
- Final face to face interviews (in the UK) 2nd April