Head of Department - Mathematics
Aga Khan Foundation, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
The Aga Khan Foundation brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls.
- An experienced IBDP Math teacher from reputed schools.
- Exercise leadership as an exemplary role model in mathematics teaching, professionalism, professional development and administration of the department
- Develop and implement clear departmental goals consistent with school-wide goals and specific programme and assessment requirements
- Encourage the development of sound and shared pedagogy amongst the members of the department.
- Prepare a Professional development plan for the department.
- Participate in the appraisal of the members of the department.
- Take a lead in the curriculum development and improvement for the various programs offered in the Senior School.
- Establish an assessment procedure and programme.
- Collaborate with other HODs in developing a strong team of curriculum leaders.
- Establish clear goals for year level collaboration and for general collaboration in the department, across departments and with the Junior school.
- Teach lessons of Mathematics as per the academic time table.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics & a teaching qualification with at least 8 years’ experience in IB with reputed IB schools.