Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
IPT HUB contributes to shaping and implementing the IPT strategy for organisational renewal, supporting the programme teams and providing humanitarian oversight as Partner Affiliate and Executing Affiliate.
Reporting to the CEO and International Programmes Director, the Head of Ethics and Compliance will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the newly established Ethics and Compliance Programme in conjunction with the already established Corporate Responsibility Senior Management structure and the teams working on compliance.
- Rolling out policy frameworks and donor compliance across OGB and work collaboratively with OI to ensure a coherent approach for ethical and integrity compliance
- Leading organisation-wide projects to improve project delivery and compliance.
- Making periodic (at least quarterly) reports regarding compliance and compliance matters directly to the Trustees Audit & Finance Group of Oxfam GB and the Chief Executive Officer of Oxfam GB.
- Working closely with the Head of Corporate Responsibility to develop the Ethics and Integrity strategy (March) 2019 for Council; the umbrella strategy to drive responsible conduct and accountability across OGB and work closely with Oxfam International.
- Developing governance structures to ensure ethical and integrity standards and donor requirements are integrated in organizational policies and standards.
- Working closely with divisional senior management teams, OI and ensuring that the Corporate responsibility team has visibility of all donor requirements and memberships.
- Discussing compliance matters and reports and increase engagement with key institutional donors, strategic partners and other key stakeholders as required.
- Presenting to donors, governments, relevant conferences or other stakeholders to demonstrate Oxfam GB’s work on accountability through its ethics and compliance work.
What we are looking for
- It is essential that the ideal candidate has substantial proven experience in a senior leadership role in a large complex organization, with proven and extensive practical field experience in emergency and development programmes.
- Experience in handling complex and sensitive information and escalating to ensure appropriate handling, including working with Senior Management, Legal, HR, Board and Investigations Unit.
- Proven relevant direct experience in dealing with institutional donors such as OFDA/USAID, EU, DFID and ECHO
- Understanding of US Federal Law applicable to the NGO Sector
- Demonstrable experience in identifying and promoting service improvements within a large, multi-layered organisation and of policy development, dissemination and global rollout.
- Proven ability to represent and influence policy at high levels externally and internally
- Experience of leading complex negotiations across departmental boundaries in difficult circumstances.
- Experience in facilitating change and innovation, a highly-motivated self-starter, willing and able to act on own initiative, as well as work within a team
- Ability to analyse a situation or / and make effective decisions under pressure in complex situations.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. It is desirable though not essential that the ideal candidate can speak other languages, such as French or Arabic.
- Location: OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE)
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £38,128 up to £49,823 (depending on experience)
- Region: IPT Hub
- Job Family: Programme
- Division: International
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Closing Date: 23 November 2018
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, then please visit the link below for more information and to apply: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/head-of-ethics-and-compliance-int5006/9663/description/
Oxfam is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to zero tolerance of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuses of power in our organisation. This means that we will do everything in our power to prevent it from happening, and rigorously address it each and every time it happens. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate vetting checks.