Women’s World Banking is looking for a Head of Finance and Compliance for our India team who would be responsible for all financial, compliance, governance requirements and supervision and coordination with external accounting firm and consultants. The ideal candidate has experience leading finance and compliance teams for non-profit organizations. S/he must have experience in finance, accounting, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, taxation, compliance and grant financial management.
Women’s World Banking is the US non-profit (501c3) devoted to giving more low-income women access to the financial tools and resources essential to their security and prosperity. For more than 35 years we have worked with financial institutions to show them the benefit of investing in education. Headquartered in New York, Women’s World Banking works with 38 institutions in 28 countries with a reach of 14 million women to create access to finance on a greater scale than ever before.
Women’s World Banking has three lines of business (i) Advisory Services (ii) Asset Management and (iii) Training. India is a priority market for Women’s World Banking where it is seeking to establish operations to further its mission to advance the security and prosperity of low-income women through the provision and engagement of financial services. As part of establishment of its India operations, Women’s World Bank is intending to setup a private limited company under the Companies Act, 2013 for carrying out its business and advisory services and a not-for-profit, Section 8 Company for carrying out charitable activities. Both companies would operate and receive domestic as well as international funds, subject to necessary approvals from regulatory authorities.
- Provide operational leadership in finance and accounts, compliance and risk management functions and to strengthen various internal controls and systems.
- Responsible for financial planning, budgeting, donor, management, Board and statutory reporting, financial policies and investment management process
- Supervise and undertake incorporation of a for-profit company and a not-for-profit (Section 8) company
- Supervise and undertake activities including managing consultants for obtaining necessary regulatory and tax approvals including for receipt of domestic and international funds, engaging consultants and vendors
- Responsible for day to day accounting, financial management, secretarial, taxation, legal and compliance for the two Indian entities.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the performance to Management and Board of Directors
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firms performance
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures in line with the applicable Indian and International Accounting Standards for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, employee relations (hiring/terminating policies) and other corporate policies.
- Oversee procurement and compliance; including all corporate and human resource activities including employee benefits, retirement plans, corporate insurance and related activities.
- Ensures the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the applicable law and regulations.
- Leading and ensuring time bound monitoring and audit of financial records as per applicable law. Providing all required information and facilitating audit of accounts conducted by statutory auditors, internal auditors and other agencies.
- Support in consolidation of books account of the Indian for-profit and not-for-profit company as per applicable Indian and International Accounting standards (including consolidation if any needed with Women’s World Banking financial statements).
- Supervise filing of income tax, GST, TDS returns, filings under FEMA and other statutory / tax / regulatory returns and tax audit.
- Provide regular updates to the Women’s World Banking US leadership on all financial, tax, legal and secretarial matters.
- Preparation of Monthly reports, MIS, other reports required by the management.
Within the first 75 days
- Assume full responsibility of the position;
- Develop strong working relationship with external accounting firm and consultants;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s core values and desired behaviors;
- Forge positive working relationships with cross-functional staff;
- Embrace Women’s World Banking’s unique characteristics and offerings;
- Learn and comprehend the Women’s World Banking business model;
- Become trained in and fully integrate the use of Women’s World Banking systems and policies into your day-to-day activities;
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to synthesize data and information to provide a high-level view which is accessible to a range of audiences;
- Proficient financial modeler;
- Supports a culture of excellence, openness, and the encouragement of new ideas;
- Preference for candidate with relevant experience and/or from non-profit sector
- Good communication and time management skill
- Collaborative, team player who is an astute listener and thinker while being a self-starter and independent thinker with significant personal ambition and sense of urgency to make business and social impact within the financial inclusion community; and
- Ability to quickly isolate problems, articulate them, and quickly implement solutions;
- Qualified CA and CS with minimum 8 years of experience in finance, accounting, compliance with 4+ years of experience in leading and managing finance and compliance teams.
- High level of competency in financial and tax matters as well as managing audits and compliance matters
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and strong business acumen;
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication and meeting facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required;
- Track record of superior creativity and problem solving abilities;
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills;
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with and a level of comfort in working across departments;
- Aptitude for a fast pace, diverse work environment;
- Ability to work with remote teams;
- Exposure to financial services and/or banking products and services
- Exposure to Indian / US based non-profit accounting and financial management
- Experience in fund raising and investor / donor management