Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Opportunity on an Indonesia based, five -year program (2019 - 2024) funded by the Australian Government's aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia, as the Head of Operations and Finance. This individual will oversee the finance, administration and grants on the project to ensure that the program effectively and efficiently uses the resources, systems and procedures required to deliver results and achieve the program outcomes. The role will report directly to the Team Leader.
- Ensure the system and procedures supporting program implementation are implemented in compliance with policies and regulations
- Oversee human resources, procurement, finance, information technology, risk management, security and disaster management, and administration functions
- Develop an Operations Manual and other strategic operational documents
- Provide quality oversight of the day to day operations
- Establish, review, and provide training in operational processes and procedures in accordance with relevant Palladium and DFAT requirements and principles, including Commonwealth Procurement Rules, value for money, financial management, accounting, fraud control and audit requirements
- Supervise and ensure value for money in contracting, procurement and management of consultants, sub-contractors, and other service providers
- Ensure operational systems and procedures are reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Establish operational controls, spot checks and inspections to ensure no misuse of program funds report, investigate and follow up on any detected or suspected misuse of funds
- Supervise and ensure administrative functions are running smoothly, including office management, travel and accommodation and transport, and asset management.
- Ensure financial management systems and procedures are in place to facilitate monitoring and reporting of funds, maintain audit compliance, and program delivery within budget
- Assist the Team Leader with the preparation of contractual milestone documents along with other reports and deliverables related to operations
- Coaching and mentoring the operations team to build existing capacity
- Extensive experience working for a donor or on a donor-funded program in an operations management role
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFAT rules and regulations and experience working across financial and budget management, project management, procurement, contracts, subcontracting, human resources, general operations and administrative management
- Strong experience designing program management systems and procedures for donor-funded programs
- Experience managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience in proactively identifying and addressing issues that arise in field office finance, administration and operations, and reporting issues.
- Strong understanding of systems and procedures at national and sub-national level for the Government of Indonesia
- Experience in providing training and mentoring/coaching.
- Excellent presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and Bahasa Indonesia
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and a professional commitment to promote a culture of gender equality and social inclusion
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional, cross-sectoral networks
- Highly developed negotiation and problem-solving skills