Head of Finance (m/f)
Welthungerhilfe, Niamey, Niger
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Niamey, Niger.
As Head of Finance you are responsible for all financial and administrative processes and will implement financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work. Projects are implemented by Welthungerhilfe, but also in cooperation with other national and international partners. In general you will ensure that the Niger Country Programme including the various projects is financially managed in accordance to relevant donor and Welthungerhilfe internal rules and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining a programme wide financial management system
- Ensuring sound budget planning when project proposals are being drafted
- Control and supervise liquidity planning of the projects and internal fund requests
- Monitoring and ensuring the proper planning of financial and other resources
- Recruiting, account assignment and induction of new staff (in the field of financial / project administration)
- Providing guidance and training for local and international financial experts and project partners in line with Welthungerhilfe policy to enhance national staff capacity
- Monitoring and ensuring the accurate and prompt drawing up of internal and external financial reports in accordance with the appropriate guidelines
- Conducting training sessions in the field offices to uplift the capacities of administrative compliance
- Checking of partner agreements taking into account the capacity of the partners and the donor regulations
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field e.g. finance and accounting
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience working on the same or equivalent position
- Several years of professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- An excellent knowledge of French and English (spoken and written), German is an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.