Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
* In this role you will support the capacity building efforts of country office finance teams, provide oversight of country offices ensuring compliance with SCI/donor policies and procedures including quality and timely reporting, consolidate and monitor regional actions around improvements, perform quality financial analysis for decision support and provide gap filling for key finance positions in country offices. You will proactively work with the regional finance director on key issues and opportunity (to improve), find and implement solutions at the country office level.
Qualifications and experience
* Accounting, business admin degree from a leading University, or/and relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA) is preferred
* Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems like Sun systems, Agresso, PeopleSoft etc.
* Experienced in preparing both Financial & Management Accounts, including overseas offices (knowledge of working of charitable organisations is preferred, with IFRS knowledge important)
* At least 5 years of country office financial management experience in complex organizations with 2 years of relevant experience at regional level in similar capacity.
* The ability to speak and write in English
* Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment
* Strong relationship builder with a proven track record in forming good business partnerships
* Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential
* Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills.