World-leading humanitarian organisation
Danish Refugee Council is the largest humanitarian NGO in Denmark and among the five largest NGOs in the world. We are working in 40 countries worldwide as well as in Denmark to fulfil our vision that no refugee should lack protection and durable solutions. We have more than 9,000 employees globally. Our headquarters are in the center of Copenhagen, near the metro and public transportation.
A talented and dedicated team
The Finance Department is one of the core support functions in headquarters and consists of around 50 talented and engaged people who are responsible for DRC’s financial affairs globally in close cooperation with the operational units. You will lead a team of 11 and be a member of the management team in Finance together with 4 other managers and our CFO. You will have direct line management of a team of 8 Finance Specialist, 2 Finance Donor Focal Points, and 1 Student Assistant. For the right candidate the role as representative of the CFO will be a possibility.
Your responsibilities and tasks
As Head of Global Financial Reporting and Compliance you will have high level of influence on people and processes. You will be responsible for:
- The corporate internal and external financial reporting in DRC
- Defining and maintaining the policies for our financial processes assuring compliance with institutional donor rules
- Providing timely financial insight of high quality for management as well as the annual report.
- Financial sparring on commercial contracts
- Developing financial models to support business effectiveness
- The budget procedure and involved in audits by donors.
- Overseeing the process of interim audit and year-end audit with our statutory external auditors and hold the secretariat of our Audit Committee
You will do so by working together with your team, the management team in Finance, and business decision makers in whole organisation.
Optimization and change management
DRC went live in January 2019 with our new cloud-based ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and the implementation of this system will still have a strong focus across the entire organization in 2020. A major task for this position will be to contribute to solutions and problem solving together with the rest of the management team in Finance, and as well as ensuring new insights based on the system.
A proactive people’s-person
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- At least five years' experience at management level within Finance in a larger and international organization (e.g. in an INGO or an international commercial organization)
- Well documented experience with statutory financial reporting and audit coordination
- Well documented experience with working with financial models
- Preferably experience with institutional donors but also large commercial partners, eg. from the financial sector and Danish municipalities
- University degree or equivalent within a relevant area
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Danish
- Experience of managing implementation of ERP solutions will be an advantage.
Your personal qualities:
- A high degree of analytical competencies, advisory capability and interpersonal skills
- Structured with a high ability to implement and get things done
- Able to work independently and proactively in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- The ability to talk the language of the business by communicating financial thinking and terminology into business needs and language and vice versa
- Understanding the importance of establishing close and trustful relationships with stakeholders on all levels of the organization
- You are business minded and thrive with strategic and analytical tasks. You have a down to earth personality and possess integrity and credibility to inspire and lead others in developing their own high levels of integrity
- You are a team player as well as a visible leader with a proactive and motivating mindset