Head, Media Relations
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- Ensure the success of WWF’s global conservation goals and programs (including Earth Hour) by communicating the organisation’s work, profile and values to the global media, in line with network protocols.
- Lead WWF International's public relations strategies and coordinates closely with the Director of Digital Engagement to ensure alignment of messaging across all global media and platforms
- Work with the Practices and relevant countries to develop media strategies
- Provide support, advice, media intelligence, contacts, global monitoring and evaluation and be a central point of contact on public relations and on managing communications crises for the WWF Network
- Assist in producing, editing, aligning and distributing content and manages network distribution
- Lead on global media and actively participates as part of the core team in key global fora with Network teams (CoP, CITES etc)
- Provide support and advice to the network offices and the Practices as the central point for global content creation, dissemination and message alignment
- Manage the work of the Media Relations officers and managers in line with agreed communications priorities
- Manage content output across all media and platforms for priority international advocacy and policy conventions, meetings and events, and lead front-line media relations at such events
- Collaborate with the Digital Director, the Internal Communications Head and the Manager of Editorial to maximize opportunities and to align messaging
- Manages the communications around issues and crises on a case-by-case basis with the team, the relevant country, the relevant department and the community working closely with Digital
- Ensure WWF has adequate spokespersons on key issues, and act as spokesperson for WWF when required
- Develop relations with relevant international news outlets - online and traditional, in alignment with network protocols and in conjunction with National/Country/Programme offices
- Provide input into communications strategies as required
- Monitor the international media agenda and provide advice as appropriate on media opportunities and emerging issues
- Develop and implement strategy to raise public relations standards and capacity in the Network
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Degree in communications, media, journalism or related subject
- Significant senior relevant professional experience, preferable in PR, broadcasting or digital sectors
- Proven success record in public relations, media relations or a related field; knowledge in social media
- Experience or working in international and highly matrixed operations
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills, ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious
- Excellent written and spoken English – French, Spanish and/or other languages is an advantage
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a changing environment
- Prepared to undertake frequent international travel
- Proficiency and curiosity in new technologies, formats and new trends in journalism and public relations
- Global mind-set and love to meet new people and work across countries and cultures
- Interest in conservation and environment issues
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
- Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file. For INTERNAL applicants - Upload your covering letter and CV to the jobs platform.
- We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
- Please indicate your preferred location.
- Work permit restrictions may apply. Internal candidates given priority.