The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world's leading humanitarian NGOs is looking for a Program Manager (Protection) for its office in Bangui, Central African Republic.
A leading NGO in the Central African Republic, DRC operates in the two regions of Ouham and Ouham-Pendé. The program strategy focuses on the following sectors: protection and social cohesion; economic recovery and livelihoods; emergency response to the immediate needs of displaced persons.
In this context we are looking for an experienced collaborator with a protection profile , able to intervene at the strategic and operational levels in order to define and implement the DRC programs in the Central African Republic.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Define, disseminate and implement the intervention and program strategy in the Central African Republic within the DRC team. Develop a protection program strategy and proactively pilot its implementation.
- Implement projects including budget: write and supervise the drafting of project proposals and budgets, coordinate the various actors in the field and headquarters.
- Strengthen teams and partnerships:
- manage teams (national expatriate staff)
- develop skills in program / protection areas
- ensure compliance with DRC values and code of conduct, including setting an example
- build strong and effective partnerships
- Represent DRC with government authorities, UN donor agencies, humanitarian agencies and other partners on program aspects
- Design and write projects and reports in French and English
- In collaboration with the quality manager, ensure the conformity of the projects with the quality standards, the requirements of the donors, and the harmonization of the projects in the field. Ensure that projects are adequately resourced. Promote and develop the process of continuous improvement of the mission programs.
Qualifications and skills required:
To succeed in this role, you are highly committed, have demonstrated your skills in team management and ensure the excellence of the writing and implementation of programs.
- 5 years of experience abroad in complex emergencies, preferably with refugees and / or displaced persons
- 3 years of experience in team management, demonstration of leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal communication.
- Postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD) in International Relations and / or Development, Political Science or a similar discipline.
- Proven expertise in developing programs within an NGO (understanding travel issues and international standards and frameworks) and managing NGO projects (strategy design, staffing, administrative and financial management, donor contracts) .
- Recognized negotiation and advocacy experience respecting both universally recognized values of character and local culture and traditions
- Ability to handle a heavy workload under pressure, in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment