Head of Program
Norwegian Refugee Council, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is committed to fulfill its compliance obligations and requirements in order to mitigate risk, increase accountability and improve program quality. Recognizing the high-risk of non-compliance for NRC in DRC, the Country Office is committed to establishing and implementing a compliance framework based on risk management and quality improvement in 2019.
Member of the Country Management Group (CMG), you will be responsible to develop and ensure implementation of holistic high quality programs
The head of program reports to the Country Director in DR-Congo.
Duties and responsibilities
- Development of holistic and needs based program including cash-based interventions and market-based program
- Provide program input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidelines and procedures, including grants management and reporting to donors in compliance with donor regulations.
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Development of Core Competency strategies that are aligned to regional and global priorities and strategies
- Ensure quality control, M&E and organizational learning
- Responsible for ensuring quality in safe programming
- Ensure and facilitate capacity building of program staff
- Line management for Core Competence Specialists
- Ensure the integration of cross – cutting issues in all levels of the project cycle.
- Support Country Director in representation and coordination efforts at the Country office
- Minimum 4 years experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context/development
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Strong writing skills
- Good knowledge of the context in DR Congo
- Proposal development and donor compliance experience
- Monitoring and evaluation experience including basic survey design and analysis
- Representation and coordination experience
- Experience in putting in place new systems and policies
- Budget development and management experience
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- A good sense of humor is an asset
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable