NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, and Kidal, and through our programs (Education, Wash & Shelter, Food security, Legal assistance, and also a dedicated emergency response mechanism), NRC strives to meet the basic needs of millions of people affected by violence and displacement. In order to do this, we are completely dependent on employing dedicated and skilled staff.
This is why we are truly excited to announce an opportunity for an enthusiastic Head of Program to join our dynamic team. This strategic position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in developing High-quality Country Program implementation and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Member of the Country Management Group (CMG) you will directly supervise country Core competencies specialists, the Grant Manager, and M&E Manager.
You will work closely with Head of support, and Areas Managers, to develop the country's strategy and action plan and helping the team to achieve the agreed objectives.
You will report to the Country Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deputy Country Director when appointed
- Development of a holistic and needs-based program and provide program input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidelines, and procedures, including grants management and reporting to donors in compliance with donor regulations.
- Promote the rights of persons affected by displacement in line with the advocacy strategy
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Development of Core Competency strategies
- Ensure Feedback and complaint mechanisms for Communities and Accountability to Affected Populations are operational and expanded
- Ensure quality control, M&E and organizational learning
- Responsible for ensuring quality in safe programming
- Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards
- Ensure and facilitate capacity building of program staff
- Line management for Core Competence Specialists
- Ensure the integration of cross-cutting issues in all levels of the project cycle.
- Support Country Director in representation and coordination efforts at the Country office level
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum 5 years experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in relief and early recovery/development
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Strong writing skills
- Good knowledge of the context in Mali and Sahel in general
- Proposal development and donor compliance experience
- Monitoring and evaluation experience including basic survey design and analysis
- Representation and coordination experience
- Experience in putting in place new systems and policies
- Budget development and management experience
- Strategic thinking
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Initiating action and change
- Influencing and strong communication skills
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- A good sense of humor is an asset