Are you our new Head of Programme in Ukraine? Do you want to join a team of highly professional and experienced humanitarians
NRC is seeking an energetic, humanitarian and development professional to join a collaborative and high functioning team. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate a track record of fundraising success, will have significant experience in protection programming and will be passionate about advancing the rights of IDPs and other people in need of protection.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been assisting conflict-affected civilians in eastern Ukraine since 2014. The main focus is for NRC to respond to the protection and existing humanitarian needs of the conflict-affected population, including IDPs, returnees, host communities and local communities in eastern Ukraine, notably along the contact-line. As the conflict has become protracted, it is necessary to contribute to durable solutions for displaced outside the immediate conflict zone.
In 2020, NRC programme in Eastern Ukraine will continue focusing on legal aid; repair of damaged housing; winterization assistance; durable solutions; food security and livelihoods; protection and advocacy.
The Head of Programme (HoP) reports to the Country Director.Duties and responsibilities
The Head of Programme will :
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Be leading in in-country representation and networking
- Play a key role in the realization of the Ukraine CO’s specific objectives defined in the 2018-2020 Country Strategy, namely:
- Develop partnership strategy for different programmes
- Lead efforts to develop programme response to address durable solutions.
- Ensure synergies between programme activities and the CO’s advocacy efforts.
- Promote integrated programming and protection mainstreaming.
- Ensure effective use of data and an evidence based approach in programme design/response.
In addition, the HoP is responsible for:
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Deputy CD when appointed.
- Line management for Core Competence Specialists and PDMs
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide programme input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Development of Core Competency strategies
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes
- Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards
- Quality control, M&E and organizational learning
- Capacity building of all technical staff
- Minimum 4 years experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise, including vis-à-vis durable solutions
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in the former Soviet Union/Eastern Europe (asset)
- Knowledge of Russian and/or Ukrainian (asset)
- Experience in transition environments, with humanitarian action and durable solutions
- We are looking for a strategic thinker with ability to initiate action and change. We need someone with experience and skills in networking and influencing as well as experience in handling insecure environments.
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.