Head of Programme
Danish Refugee Council, Athens, Greece
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
The Head of Programme has a country focus and ensures quality implementation of its multisector programme within Greece in line with the broader strategies of DRC in Europe, as established by the Europe Regional Office. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. He/she provides programme leadership and manages the Programme Technical Unit (PTU). The Head of Programme is a Senior Management Team (SMT) member and may represent DRC on behalf of the Country Director to authorities, UN agencies, other NGOs and Partners.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and coordinate the development of DRC’s programmatic strategy in Greece, and effective, efficient and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets, policies, and donor requirements.
- Manage senior technical advisors, Grants team and MEAL team and provide them with technical guidance and support through regular coordination meetings;
- Mentor team through regular one-to-one supervision and performance appraisals;
- Ensure technical strategies are in place to provide strong rationale for programmatic priorities and reflect the evolving nature of the Greek context;
- Provide technical oversight on program management and quality of implementation to Area Managers and other field-based staff;
- Visit program activities on a regular basis and provide support and feedback to staff and implementing partners on program approaches and methodological issues;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the funding strategy in Greece in close coordination with relevant team members under the overall management of the CD.
- Oversight and provision of strategic direction to the MEAL department in rolling out monitoring and evaluation approaches aiming to build contextually-grounded learning into program strategies and activities, in coordination with senior managers
- Maintain links and alignment with DRC Europe Regional Office and HQ counterparts to contribute to Europe Region progamme strategies.
- Ensure DRC Greece programmatic priorities respond to global learning;
- Oversee roll out of DRC’s partnership strategy and selection, capacity building and monitoring of all DRC partners;
- Represent DRC in all relevant high-level coordination fora as agreed with the CD;
- Promote lessons learned and best practices within DRC, to donors and to other stakeholders when relevant in order to ensure synergetic programming and cross-program collaboration in Greece;