The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kathmandu, Nepal.
As Head of Programmes you will support the development, implementation and monitoring of the multiannual country programme. Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will maximise the impact of Welthungerhilfe on the basis of Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards. The Nepal programme includes four thematic areas: Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security, Right to Food and Empowerment, Disaster Risk Reduction, and WASH.
- Coordinate country programme and strategy development in close coordination with the Country Director
- Responsible for quality assurance and ensuring compliance with Welthungerhilfe’s quality standards and donor regulations
- Plan and develop new projects/programmes ensuring feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies and lead write-up of concept notes and donor proposals in close coordination with the Country Director, programme team and partners
- Ensure implementation of MEAL standards in the country programme and further develop MEAL system
- Further develop partnership cooperation and ensure active collaboration with partner organizations
- Support implementation of emergency preparedness plan and in-country emergency response as necessary
- Development of Fundraising-Strategy
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national, international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organisations and participate in coordination committees with other relevant organisations in agreement with Country Director
- A postgraduate degree in Agriculture or Nutrition or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a similar position in a similar position with an INGO; regional experience an asset
- Strong technical expertise in food and nutrition security
- Sound experience in project cycle management, MEAL and programme coordination
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills in English and German with a proven ability to secure complex donor funding
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel
- Professional proficiency in English and German (verbal and written)
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".