Head of Programmes (m/f)
Welthungerhilfe, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Kabul, Afghanistan, with irregular travel to the Regional Offices in northern and eastern Afghanistan.
As Head of Programs you will support the development of the multi-annual country program and contribute to its implementation and monitoring. Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will aim at maximizing the Welthungerhilfe impact based on Welthungerhilfe strategy and the relevant concept papers according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards.
- Monitor the implementation of projects and programs according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards, including the setup of an effective and participatory M&E system
- Identify, examine and assess (pre-select) new project ideas on the basis of the intervention strategy, the concept papers and the orientation framework of the Country Programme
- Contribute towards definition and orientation of the planned multiannual program strategy
- Ensure consideration of feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies of the projects
- Identify potential new project partners and ensure active collaboration with partner organizations
- Ensure reporting (status and financial reports) occurs correctly and in due time to Welthungerhilfe Head Office and to donors
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in-country and the evolution of possible crises through early warning indicators
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organizations
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian/development studies or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience (regional working experience would be an asset)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of planning and survey methods (incl. M&E)
- Proven reporting and organizational skills, with proficiency in writing for different audiences
- Ability to work under time pressure and high workload
- Ability to work in an insecure environment and commit to strict security regulations
- Excellent spoken and written English, ability to communicate in German would be an advantage
Our offer: We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.