Head of Project (m/f)
Welthungerhilfe, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until June 30, 2021. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bamako, Mali (ML).
As Head of Project you will be responsible for the operative coordination, implementation and planning of a complex EUTF/GIZ INS funded project in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financers. You will be in charge for the continuous development of the project and ensure an appropriate use of funds. The position takes over a high financial responsibility and a considerable task delegated from the Country Office.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of EUTF / GIZ INS and Welthungerhilfe
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring - in particular remote monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
- Modifying and continuing project planning and monitoring of the project budget
- Security management of project staff in coordination with the Country Office
- Supporting the Country Office in the decision on co-financing opportunities to be pursued according to the principles of subsidiarity and the existing annual planning
- Giving support to identify co-financing opportunities and ensure the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Establishing good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in-country / regional for emergency, rehabilitation and development programmes in coordination with the Country Office
- Reporting to the Country Director on the progress of the programme/project and all risks associated with the project work
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like agricultural economy or structural/civil engineering
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate professional experience as programme manager for development projects with construction and income generation components
- Broad experience in monitoring and evaluation systems
- Good experience in tendering and awarding construction contracts
- A comprehensive knowledge of labour-intensive/Cash for work rural infrastructure construction
- Strong coordination skills with all stakeholders like imlementing partners, government structurs, ministries, german embassy etc.
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to work in areas with volatile local conditions
- Strong people management and motivational skills
- Broad understanding of income-generating activities in the agro-silvo-pastorial sector
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written french, english and german language skills will be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.