Head of Project - Organizational Development & Rural Livelihoods (m/f)
Welthungerhilfe, El Fasher(Darfur), Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be El Fasher, Sudan.
The project focuses on developing local civil society and improving the livelihoods of smallholder farming communities in rural areas of Sudan. As Head of Project - Organizational Development & Rural Livelihoods you will be responsible for the coordination, planning and operative implementation of the project while ensuring an appropriate use of funds as well as a correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe`s Country Office and donors.
- Support the organizational development of local partners in areas including needs analysis, project cycle management, financial management, HR, logistics, and reporting
- Manage a small local team to implement the project
- Apply a gender lens to project activities, and ensure best practices in participatory and equitable development are adhered to
- Liaise with government authorities, line ministries, UN, INGOs and national NGOs, and participate in sectoral coordination meetings, representing Welthungerhilfe with high degree of professionalism
- Manage the budget and provide oversight of partner budget management and spending, ensuring full compliance with WHH and donor requirement
- Manage and ensure quality of the community level WASH, food security and livelihood components
- Prepare and write assessments, reports and other project documents
- Manage contractors, consultants, staff members and civil society partners engaged in project activities
- Compile job specifications and initiate tendering procedures in line with WHH rules and regulations
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.