Head of Regional Finance Quality
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- Directs and coordinates financial activities in implementing offices in concert with Center’s financial objectives and priorities.
- Ensures that Centre’s financial policies and procedures are consistently applied in implementing offices.
- Acts as lead coordinator for all Internal and external audits to be conducted in implementing offices and provides recommendations for procedural improvements and ensure audit recommendations are followed up on and implemented.
- Provides support, training and technical oversight to Regional Finance Manager(s) and Country Office Financial leads to ensure the operations successfully adhere to financial systems, internal controls, policies and procedures of WorldFish.
- Ensures proper capacity building of financial teams in all implementing offices.
- Represents the Center and responds to inquiries from bilateral and multilateral donors with respect to grants; ensures compliance with financial requirements in implementing jurisdictions.
- Leads the Centers compliance monitoring, reporting and process development with respect to donor funding arrangements.
- Supports the proposal development cycle from a financial leadership perspective.
Candidates are sought with:
- A Master / Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a membership in an internationally recognized accounting institute.
- Has minimum 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years demonstrated management experience in Financial control and management functions.
- Multi-country experience is essential, experience at a regional or global level highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge in non-profit financial accounting, planning and budgeting. Familiarity with CGIAR financial requirements will be an advantage.
- Leadership skills on coaching and mentoring, and ability to develop teamwork.
- Demonstrated high level of influencing, communication skills, and ability to manage change.
- High level of analytical skills related to financial management and control.
- Strategic and tactical thinker with high level of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with senior management, donors and key partners.
- Proficient in English language both in writing and oral.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in financial matters.
Timeframe and location
- This position will preferably be based at WorldFish’s office in Penang, Malaysia, with 30-40% travel to various program and project countries in Asia, Africa and Pacific regions.
- However, accommodation may be made for right candidate to be based in a WorldFish regional office. Interviews are expected to be held in Penang, Malaysia during mid August 2015, and short-listed candidates should be available to attend.
- The successful candidate should be available to commence by 1st November 2015 for an initial 3 years, with possibility of extension depending on performance of and funding situation.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified.