Head of Sector Apps & Web Solutions
International Committee of the Red Cross, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
The Apps & Web Solutions Manager supervises the Web and Apps coherent evolution, functioning, constraints and exploitation as well as the related staff.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manages the building, updating and evolution of the cartography of the applications s/he is in charge. Ensures the integrity of these systems according the ICT roadmap and proposes evolution and simplification scenarios whilst taking into account all related factors (obligations, necessities and issues).
- Coordinates, synthetizes and ensures the quality of agreed validations, and gives the relevant information to all necessary stakeholders
- Build and drive annual maintenance release plan
- Construct sector’s roadmap in collaboration with the Head of Unit and other head of sectors
- Ensure adequate capacity and knowledge regarding forecasted workload of his/her team
- Conduct and promote an industrialized and shared software factory across others sectors
- Organizes, manages, coordinates and arbitrates his/her technical staff and providers.
- Evaluates the relevance and coherence of the projects in light of the target architecture and existing systems
- Follow the projects to ensure technical consistency and theirs smooth integration into the infrastructure at the L3 level
- Is responsible for ensuring the quality of the platform documentation according to ICT quality guidelines
Education and experience required
- Master Degree or Diploma in Engineering, or equivalent recognized in information systems.
- Experience of 5 to 10 years with the integration of application software packages or solutions "business" fingerprint.
- Experience of minimum 5 years in a managerial position.
- Experience in conducting complex technical projects in the following digital fields: Internet / Web, Collaboration, Mobility, Content Management System, Search and development of specific applications in .Net and Java.
Technical Knowledge desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft environments (.Net, Windows, SQL Server, etc.)
- Mobiles environnements and solutions (tablet & smartphone)
- Experience in Open source based solutions
- API Management
- Data flows management (ETL, EAI), MDM
- Continuous Integration
- Software factory experience
- Mobile Apps (IOS, Android)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experience in project management (Agile, Scrum...)
- Service and client oriented
- Rigor and commitment
- Excellent human relations and ability to negotiate
- Fluent in both English and French
- Web applications from 10 years old to 6 months old
- Mainly Microsoft technology
- Open source currently growing
- Managing a team of 8 persons