Head of Specialized Learning
World Food Programme, Rome, Italy
Closing Date for Applications:
This role supports the coordination of the specialized learning and cross-functional learning in the organization. As a head of a team of learning specialists, she/he will be leading the identification of learning needs across country offices and functional areas, the design, development and implementation of learning solutions to ensure the teams in WFP have the key technical and cross-cutting skills for effectively delivering on its mandate. This role leads a team of specialists in this area and works closely with stakeholders across the organization.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Identify functional, specialized and cross-cutting learning needs across the organization, recognizing trends and capability development needs;
- Lead the creation of an organizational wide functional/specialized and cross cutting skills development framework and strategy/plan of action to ensure that the organization has an effective strategy to meet current and mid-term technical skills needs;
- Ensure that the organization has access to the most adequate technology and vendor range to ensure the rapid development and deployment of adequate learning solutions;
- Develop learning solutions with internal functional experts and organizational units following the latest L&D trends and best practices;
- Provide guidance and expertise to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and to Functional/Regional/Country Office learning focal points on the development of learning solutions (e.g. learning needs analysis, formulation of learning objectives and KPIs, identification and development of appropriate design and delivery mechanisms to meet the needs of target audiences, guidance in the development of programmes, evaluation of learning outcomes and business impact);
- Ensure that best practice methods and approaches are reflected in the learning solutions across WFP and provide advice and guidance on the best use of a range of both face-to-face and online learning tools;
- Shape and manage WFP’s learning and development community of practice, and ensure knowledge management and skill development in this area.
- Create compelling communication materials and processes to increase awareness and adoption of learning solutions and resources delivered by the team;
- Provide effective methodology/approaches to assess the transfer and impact of the learning approaches in the organization and the levels of skills in different areas;
- Lead and motivate a team of learning and development specialists, through monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance;
- Assist with other projects and initiatives within the team, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University degree in Social Sciences, Learning and Development, Psychology, Adult Education, Learning Technology, Human Resources or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading teams in charge of learning development solutions including blended and on-line learning solutions
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in working across all phases of learning design and delivery in partnership with subject matter experts and external vendors.
- Track record of training and empowering other users in the use of learning tools.
- Experience in leveraging learning technology, online learning tools and learning management systems in the design and delivery of learning programmes.
- Experience in the broader HR field particularly in talent management is a plus, since the position is rotational and belongs to the HR family.
- Experience with internal communication and marketing projects, preferably on learning promotion.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in creating and delivering high impact communications to learners and learning champions across organizations.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.