Head, Technology & Applications
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), WWF International office in Singapore, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- Manages the digital platforms for the Network and Practices to enable them to communicate globally with external audiences
- Builds and manages the platform for digital engagement including Content Management Systems, Global Photo Database, and the Global Digital Payment Platform to enable payment gateways
- Supports Network offices with the website and CMS (Content Management System), provision of advice on IT matters related to external audiences
- Develops new features with Digital to showcase global conservation work
- Oversees vendor relationships for digital and infrastructure platforms
- Communicates clearly with a wide variety of business owners and developers to produce business and technical requirements;
- Works with technical team to consolidate heterogeneous technologies into a core suite of products that are scalable, meet business needs and are supportable;
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with web managers throughout the WWF network;
- Manages remote staff managing their time effectively and producing quality products;
- Evaluates software proactively to meet business needs including technologies such as ElasticSearch, Cloudflare, Ruby on Rails, NOSQL;
- Potential first line support for important issues;
- Monitors and manages hardware architecture requirements to provide fast reliable applications (including seeking synergies and cost benefits where applicable with ICT and other groups throughout the network);
- Produces strategies and procedures to ensure bug free development and smooth deployments;
- Reviews applications on a regular basis to identify quick wins by leveraging common attributes or goals between them;
- Setup a development platform to work with both internal and external developers using concepts such as source control, continuous integration and requirements and bug tracking.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- University degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent working experience of 10+ years;
- 4-5 years experience with LAMP technologies;
- Experience with semantic technologies desirable;
- Experience in running large websites;
- Familiar with agile product management such as SCRUM and waterfall approaches;
- Experience with ANSI SQL, PL SQL and Transact SQL using Oracle, MySQL or equivalent.
- Ability to manage knowledge and information via web-based services;
- Ability to communicate effectively via email;
- Ability to organize information and present it in a logical way;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and external vendors;
- Ability to prepare statistical information, analyse and present results;
- Superior communication skills;
- Organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Adept at using online resources for ongoing-education and technical support;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English; fluency Spanish is highly beneficial;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
- Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file.
- We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
- Work permit restrictions may apply.
- Deadline for applications: 01 August 2016