Health Financing Advisor 1
Abt Associates, Haiti
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
With the support of HFG health financing experts (based outside Haiti), assist the MSPP in finalizing the national health financing strategy:
Support the Health Financing Strategy (HFS)Technical Committee’s drafting health financing strategy :
- Attend all meetings and stakeholder’s discussion workshops
- Prepare discussion and/technical topics for the meetings
- Bring in national and international experts on health financing for key events in the development process of the health financing strategy.
Ensure appropriate coordination with the HFG Haiti team to support the MSPP in stakeholder engagement as part of the process of developing the health financing policy including:
- Draft technical working groups TORs, timelines and well-defined expected outputs.
- Assist the HFS Technical Committee in preparing materials for workshops and Technical working groups/ sub meetings to review/debate draft health financing strategy options.
- Contribute in developing a sustainable strategy for financing the response to HIV, as needed by the MSPP
- Assist the MSPP in developing a costed operational plan for the national health financing strategy
Facilitate, in close coordination with the HFG technical experts, assistance to the MSPP’s Planning and Studies Unit (Unité d ’Etude et de Programmation -(UEP) in the:
- Strategically use of tools (i.e. OneHealth) for costing national health plans
- Relevant technical input to future National Health Accounts (NHA)
- Provide the Haiti HFG team with pertinent expertise in technical review of reports, relevant guidance, contribution to work plans, analysis, and periodic reports and/or in response to all USAID/Haiti and/or national counterpart requests
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s Degree (Minimum) in Health Economics OR Health Policy OR equivalent degree with experience in health financing policy.
- Minimum of 08 years of experience, including five years as working to provide health financing advice to government with a development assistance programs, preferably USAID-funded.
- Understanding of health financing policy, health financing strategies development, planning, capacity-building, initiatives implementation.
- Strong analytic and writing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and communicational skills. Experience working with multicultural team a plus
- Knowledge in costing, budgeting and statistics.
- Familiarity with Haiti Health System and experience working with national counterparts and donors
- Fluency in French; Intermediate proficiency in English (both written and verbal).
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.