Health Information Technology (HIT) and Software Development Volunteer
Partners In Health (PIH), Mexico
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Health information technology (HIT) has the incredible potential to improve global health delivery and quality through system optimization. We are looking for a volunteer in the information technology sector that will help to design sustainable HIT tools to improve care delivery in rural health settings. Projects may include but are not limited to: the development of electronic medical record dashboards, data collection and analysis tools. This volunteer position is part time and can be carried out remotely. The volunteer is expected to collaborate with CES’ leadership team to lead HIT initiatives to support the organization’s growth and system development. This position is ideal for a candidate passionate about developing HIT to improve healthcare quality and access in the global health sector.
Position currently open for volunteer applicants.
- Develop EMR for the Right to Health Care (RHCP) program.
- Create Commcare interfaces for data collection as part of CES’ community health worker, maternal and mental health M&E systems.
- Design and troubleshoot Access database queries for CES programs monitoring and evaluation.
- Conduct HIT needs assessment bimonthly and interpret results for project development.
- Facilitate monthly HIT program development check-ins with CES directors. check-ins with CES leadership.
- Self-driven and proactive in leading project initiatives.
- 2+ years with experience in HITS development (i.e. EMR Systems, Mobile Technology Health Platforms).
- Background in designing HITS specific to global health or primary care health systems.
- Flexibility in dealing with limited technology and changing organizational needs.
- Interest in learning and mastering new data systems and techniques.
- No Spanish background required.