Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
We are looking for: A HEALTH PROGRAM DEPUTY COORDINATOR
Context: In Sierra Leone, based in Freetown
Taking into account its experience in and its presence in the communities, ACF play a role in the following fields: sensitization of the communities, contact tracking and provision of appropriate hygiene measures, food aid and mental health and care practices.
If you want to know more about Ebola Emergency Response of ACF, visit our blog: http://blog.actioncontrelafaim.org/ebola
Length of contract: 3 months starting as soon as possible
The position: Under the supervision of the Nutrition and Health Coordinator, you will be responsible to provide technical support to ACF project staff on programme implementation, coordination and capitalization in the context of Ebola. More precisely, you will be in charge to:
Assess and follow-up the health and nutrition situation in Sierra Leone, contribute to the design of projects, strategies
- Collect and analyse relevant data on health situation
- Assess the needs and produce regular context analysis
- Organize and conduct evaluations or rapid assessments of the health situation according to the needs
- Participate in the definition of ACF nut health strategy specific to the mission, including on activities related to preparedness to epidemics
- Encourage the team to identify new programmes
Monitor and coordinate programmes in the field of health, and contribute to capitalization
- Promote and develop an integrated (inter-disciplinary) approach to programmes
- Collect and analyse programme data to monitor programme quality and adapt the decisions taken on this basis
- Produce and consolidate high quality activity reports including strict timings
- Ensure the capitalization of relevant documentation and material related to health and nutrition programmes, in particular those related to Ebola
- Monitor the budgets of the programmes under his/ her responsibility
Provide technical support to the programme teams
- Develop action plans with the programme managers in link with the field coordinator
- Evaluate the technical performance and skills of programme managers
- Develop the skills of health and nutrition technical teams
Represent Action Contre la Faim and its positioning in the field of nutrition and health and with governmental and local agencies
- Represent ACF in dealing with national and international authorities on matters related to nutrition and health, including meetings and activities related to Ebola
- Ensure national and international authorities are fully aware of ACF positions and protocols
- Develop and maintain a network of harmonious and productive relationships with national representatives and programme partners
- Establish MoU to define the terms of various partnership
The applicant: Master degree in nutrition, and dietetics or higher diploma in community health and clinical sciences (CHO) with experience in Nutrition and a demonstrated and diversified experience in managing health and nutrition programs in the field, preferably in a coordination position and in West Africa.
A strong experience in working with government, NGOs and UN is compulsory.
Successful applicants will have a proven track record of conducting nutritional survey (SMART) and propose research and approaches in the field of malnutrition.
Capacity to train and capacity to build of his team members is required.
Excellent command of SPSS and data analysis software.
A previous experience with ACF is a major asset.
Excellent command of English required.
Gross monthly salary ranging from â¬1805 to â¬2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
Pre departure training, at the HQ in Paris (1 to 2 weeks)
To apply, please visit our website : http://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/en/content/health-program-deputy-coordinator
Follow our job offers and join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/acf.jobs/