HEALTH PROGRAMME MANAGER
Save the Children, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The HealthProgram Manager will lead the health programme operations to ensure qualityhealth services are delivered through health posts, emergency programing(Mobile Medical Teams, Diarrheal Treatment Center, and Oral Rehydration Points)and Primary Health Care Center. S/he will manage all health grants ensuringprogram funding spend in line with Save the Children policies, procedures anddonor requirements.
Academic:Master of Public Health Degree orsimilar
This role would suit an experienced humanitarian professional who isinvested in delivering quality humanitarian health programming, driven byhumanitarian principles. The post-holder will work very closely with technicalcolleagues, operations experts and the country office team to ensure deliveryof quality emergency health service provision in the Rohingya response.
- Experience of establishing emergency health programs including during the first phase of the response.
- Substantial experience of humanitarian health management including strong knowledge of health cluster and humanitarian architecture and systems.
- Experience of leading operations during an emergency response.
- Experience of undertaking representational duties with WHO, donors and partners and ministries of health at project and country level.
- Experience of security management of a team in insecure environments, with a strong understanding of current international affairs and geopolitical dynamics.
- Experience of managing multiple grants and budgets.
- Experience in the challenges of managing a remote team.
- Experience of training, capacity building, coaching and mentoring.
- Substantial experience of creating, planning and managing budgets.
- Good understanding of the essential principles and reality of emergency supply chain operations, and commitment to ensuring strong integration and communication between supply chain and programme design and planning before and during a deployment
- Good understanding of the changeable contexts of HR functions within an emergency response
- Ability to reflect on and learn from personal and programme performance and act upon lessons learnt.
- Excellent proposal development and donor report writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Strong knowledge of Save the Children systems and ways of working.
- Experience in managing mobile medical teams