FHI 360, Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
- Work with Malawi country office to identify youth-friendly community health centers and practitioners who are experienced in delivering sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and family planning counseling and services to young people;
- Coordinate opportunities for health care providers to deliver SRH, family planning education and counseling to students and teachers in school settings;
- Assist in training secondary school teachers and older youth peer mentors to provide comprehensive SRH education;
- Help to identify gaps and opportunities to increase knowledge and use of FP and RH products and services among program beneficiaries;
- Advise on and monitor technical quality of deliverables associated with adoption of key family planning, reproductive health, and hygiene behaviors and increased access to sustainable sanitation and family planning products; Develop tailored sanitation and hygiene strategies and marketing approaches to improve demand and supply for improved sanitation and hygiene products and services based on a regional context;
- Ensure regional level sanitation and hygiene activities are performed, implemented and expanded with consistent approaches and quality, in accordance with national and global policies and best practices;
- Advise partners on all technical aspects of health activities implementation, ensuring a unified and effective approach to achieving project milestones;
- Work with other DREAMS team members to develop and implement communication strategies (including mobile messaging) and materials, throughout all phases from formative research, through design, media and materials production, community mobilization and evaluation and ensure that these messages are contextually relevant;
- Participate in the development or review of relevant guidelines, materials, trainings, job aids and tools to ensure the technical strategies are reflected accurately;
- Identify and collate evidence base of promising practices and support dissemination workshops to improve existing practices and introduce new practices and/or ideas among partners and key stakeholders;
- Ensure that effective engagement is maintained with communities and with local government partners, to ensure responsive and sustainable programming;
- Participate in relevant technical working groups and forums at the national, regional and global level.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, Nursing, international development, health or development communication, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.