Higher Education Senior Expert
UNDP, Tirana, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of this contract is to assist the AQF taskforce in their process to reference the AQF against the EQF and QF-EHEA. More specifically, the experts will help with the collection of all necessary inputs and prepare the actual draft EQF Referencing Report for Albania including QF-EHEA self-referencing report. The expert will work together with the international and national experts. As the COVID-19 situation might prevent the international experts to attend workshops the international and national experts should divide roles taking into account this situation. The assignment of days is also based on this assumption.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgement;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Act as a team player and facilitate team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision-making.
- Knowledge and expertise of the referencing process of the Qualification Framework of EHEA (QF-EHEA).;
- Strong communication skills (written, spoken, composing, presentation);
- Substantive knowledge of business administration and management;
- Political and cultural sensitivity and commitment to UNDP’s development objectives in the country.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate degree in international development, education, economics, social sciences or other relevant field is required;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in policy analysis and/or comparative research in the field of education and training, proven by involvement in projects or working groups in relevant areas;
- Relevant knowledge and experience with regard to policies, strategies and practices concerning (1) National Qualification Frameworks (NQFs), (2) the European Qualification Framework (EQF) and related EU policies, and (3) Qualification Framework of EHEA (QF-EHEA).
- Proven experience in the field of qualifications policies and practices and lifelong learning in own country and/or in other countries.
- At least two publications or documents e.g. reports/analyses etc. in English or speaker in international conferences/workshops on topics related, in the last 5 years in one or more of the following fields:
- qualifications systems/frameworks, transparency tools
- lifelong learning strategies
- EU policies related to education
- Excellent written and oral English (C1 level). Other Eu languages knowledge preferred.