HIV Health Services Specialist, Healthy Markets project, Mekong Program
PATH, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
- PATH is seeking an HIV Health Services Specialist, based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The HIV Health Services Specialist will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support for mobilizing the private sector to engage in delivery of HIV prevention services.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assistant to CBOs and local NGOs working in provision of HIV prevention services, including HIV lay testing services and PrEP services and establish linkages with and referral systems to the government-certified HIV confirmatory laboratory and outpatient clinics for treatment and care.
- Provide technical assistance to private-sector health facilities to set up integrated HIV testing and counseling (HTC) sites and establish linkages with and referral systems to the government-certified HIV confirmatory laboratory and outpatient clinics for treatment and care.
- Coordinate with other partners and provincial AIDS centers (PACs) in supporting selected private-sector HTC sites and training private service providers on HTC as well as conducting quality assurance and quality improvement for HTC services.
- Participate in advocacy efforts for Total Markets Approach (TMA) applied in HIV prevention services including the engagement and investment of the private sectors in HIV prevention services.
- Work closely with the provincial health department and district health bureaus to mobilize the CBOs, local NGOs and private sector to participate in either referral or service delivery of HIV prevention services as well as to ensure that these stakeholders are motivated to participate in the program.
- Oversee the work of partners and consultants related to health services.
- Broker partnerships between the private health facilities and distributors for condoms, HIV rapid tests, and other HIV prevention goods, if relevant.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, coordination, supportive supervision and monitoring of development projects.
- Understanding of the Vietnamese HIV/AIDS epidemic, including sociocultural issues and nuances of working with vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with government and the private sectors in Viet Nam or similar context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a complex international environment.
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English to include reading, speaking and writing.
- Bachelor or master degree in public health, medicine or social sciences, or a related field, and at least five years' relevant work experience in Vietnam.
- Experience implementing HIV prevention interventions including HIV testing and counseling (HTC) services for key populations, such as people who inject drugs, men who have sex with men and female sex workers.
- Ability to provide technical support if required.
- Demonstrated experience in private sector health care delivery.
- Experience brokering public-private partnerships related to health care service delivery.
- Background experience in setting up or providing HIV testing and counseling services a plus.
- Quality assurance and quality improvement experience related to health care service delivery.