World Health Organization, Pretoria, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Under the overall supervision of the WR and day to day guidance of South Africa HIV technical officer, the national professional officer will support the WHO HIV prevention work in South Africa and in the region. The officer will work with the available guidelines and guidance in the WHO South Africa office, and will liaise with external stakeholders through the South Africa HIV prevention technical officer. This will include the synthesis and collation of experience and leaming from various PrEP, HTS and reproductive health implementation projects and programmes in the region to strengthen implementation, ensure safety and maximise impact.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide guidance and technical support to SA department of health in a range of activities that will promote safe and effective PrEP and HTS programming, working with NDOH--> Identify, review and promote successful platforms for the delivery of HIV prevention packages, including within other health areas, specifically sexual and reproductive health (SRH).--> Timely compilation of the required mid-term and annual technical and financial reports from the South Africa offices in regard to activities carried out under the BMGF in the region. --> Monitor progress and provide technical assistance to the PrEP and HTS programmes and contribute to the technical support visits to the projects, programmes and demonstration projects in South Africa (and in other countries in the region as needed), including writing the travel reports and following up on the recommendations and actions required. --> Support the South Africa HIV prevention technical officer, working with HIV prevention focal points in WHO HQ in the development of specific guidance relating to HIV prevention for key populations and women and AGYW) and ABYM and the integration of HIV prevention to broader reproductive health services. --> Support the provision of health services to adolescent girls and young women as well as adolescent boys and young men which include HIV prevention interventions Any other duties as assigned by the South Africa HIV technical officer
- Degree in health sciences from a recognized institution
- At least 5 years professional experience in public healthb) Demonstrate a good understanding of HIV prevention programmes, especially PrEP and HTS
- Experience in WHO or an international organization or institution, preferably in the UN System
- Good writing skillsb) Proven skills in area of planning, policy and strategy developmentd) Demonstrated experience in working with key populationse) Previous experience of working with DOH
- WHO Competencies
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.