The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the HR Assistant position is To provide an efficient Administrative support & HR Assistance for the Program activities in NRC Taiz Office
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the recruitment process by calling the candidates and arranging for the test and interviews also create longlist with close supervision of HR Officer.
- Follow-up with staff attendance/timesheet/leave records on a daily basis and to prepare summary report of attendance to be submitted to County Office each month.
- Ensure proper filing of documents as per the NRC standard.
- Follow up with staff medical insurance issues.
- Any other task requested from time to time.
- Ensure office reception is well managed, organized and attended to, at all times, receiving guests, directing them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, etc.).
- Ensure that the office stationary, office supplies and guesthouse supplies are order on time that involves raising purchasing requests.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Arabic documents etc.
- Ensure that the telephone bills, electricity and water bills are paid on time for the office, guest house and other compounds in collaboration with the finance team.
- Be responsible for organizing NRC events such as seminars, meetings and workshops.
- Assist on the process of visa, work permit and TAR and other travel documents for staff traveling or arriving from abroad.
- Keep record of all stationeries/stocks used in the office and produce monthly stationery stock reports.
- Facilitation of office building, premises and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Guest house management (repairs, maintenance, supplies etc.).
- Be responsible for all lease agreement and service contracts and liaise with finance to ensure timely renewals of Agreements as well process payment of utilities, lease agreements, telephone bills, casual labors, hotel invoices, travel agency invoices, etc.
- Maintain an update tracker of office & guesthouse rental and other payments.
- Day to day management of the guesthouse and office including direct supervision of cleaners.
- Assist in filing, preparing and keeping an updated database of all admin activities and NRC contact list regularly.
- To report all administration activities in weekly/ monthly basis to the line manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Management, HR or related field of study.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience from working as HR Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English Language.
Education field: Administration / Organisation / Management
Education level: College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- A strong administrative service orientation
- Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills
- Personal conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Basic employee counselling skills
- Highly confidential
- Good computer application skills
- 7 months Contract with possibility of extension subject to funds.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Taiz citizens are highly encouraged to apply.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected