HR & Administration Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, El Geneina, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation - Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, Gadarif and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a HR Officer to be part of establishing NRC's programme in Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and ensure proper filing of documents,
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to staff, specifies their individual work plans and evaluates individual team member’s performance.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Organize and participate in interviews by ensuring transparency in the process.
- Ensure the recruitment files are complete and updated with every stage of recruitment both hard copies and on the web recruiter and regret letters are issued, and files archived in a timely manner
- Compile attendance of training matrix and update on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate induction for national staff.
- Ensure that induction for international staff take place on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate trainings as needed; i.e. CV writing skills, code of conduct, etc.
- Promote NRC values and safe working environment same as protection from sexual exploitation/abuse of beneficiaries
- Arrangement of ID cards and business cards
- Managing of translation services of official documents on request
- Management of offices and residences including supervision of staff assigned (cleaners): cleaning, maintenance, opening & closing office, payment of electricity/water bills, ensuring functioning and securing office equipment’s
- Management of lease agreements for all premises (office, residence, warehouse): preparation, renewals, termination, rents, addressing issues with Landlords,
- Arrange accommodation for visitors and staff in residences and hotels, from booking to billing,
- Checks health and safety standards of offices & guest houses (according to MOSS and MORSS) in relation with the Health & Safety Security Officer
- Provision of office and guest houses supplies consumables and non-consumables,
- Manage meeting rooms (occupancy, furniture, equipment)
- Managing of minor maintenance for the Khartoum office including office equipment/furniture as agreed with procurement department.
- Ensure adequate supply of stationery and office supplies; managing of the reception
- Maintaining of the guesthouses, guesthouse equipment and supplies
- Experience from working in the HR unit for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluent both English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Preferred to be located in Geneina
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum 3 years of experience
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Service minded, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills