IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle-income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
The IFC HR function addresses IFC specific business needs with dedicated teams. The IFC HR Programs Team (CHRPM) oversees the design and supports the implementation of improved HR processes, practices, programs, and tools. The CHRPM Team works with HR Business Partners and client departments/VPU to deliver products that meet the business needs of IFC.
The IFC HR Program team is currently looking for a Human Resources Analyst to support a variety of key HR programs. The Human Resources Analyst will work across programmatic areas assessing business and staffing trends to define priority areas for IFC and translate them into HR solutions which will support an efficient and effective delivery model.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide active support to HR programs through data analysis and interpretation by developing compelling visual stories to facilitate HR and business decisions.
- As part of the team, drive key data collection and reporting activities across HR programs
- Identify, join and analyze disparate data sets and prepare briefings/recommendations to be presented at all management levels on key HR priorities
- Play the role of a data steward responsible for managing the integrity of HR data pertaining to the HR programs covered
- Maintain documentation, and develop project plans and status reports on key HR initiatives.
- Effectively communicate powerful and motivating visualizations of HR and related metrics and develop compelling stories that drive business to action while underscoring the ROI of taking such actions
- Collaborate with other HR functional areas to incorporate multiple data streams to effectively analyze and communicate results and recommendations
- Create and ensure generation of scheduled and ad hoc reports to support the HR organization in the programmatic areas and create detailed cross-functional work plan with critical milestones to deliver new reports, processes, and tools
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- MBA or Master’s degree in Organizational/Industrial Psychology, Human Resources Management, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field, demonstrating strong quantitative skills
- At least 4 years of proven experience with:
- Tableau, SAP Business objects, Peoplesoft and other reporting platforms
- Designing business reports, graphical presentations conveying analytical concepts
- Business/HR metrics/ KPIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of initiative and creativity
- Predictive data modeling, metrics and dashboard design
- Partnering with key stakeholders to identify and address current and emerging trends and issues
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office Suite especially MS Excel and Powerpoint, with experience in using advanced formulae, general knowledge of VBA is an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to assimilate extensive data and provide actionable recommendations
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently and follow broad and complex instructions
- Strong organizational skills including project management experience, planning, organizing and reviewing skills
- Excellent team and collaborative skills across boundaries
- Proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships across levels of staff and managers
- Ability to see big picture, think strategically, and deliver pragmatic and structured solutions to client/business needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting work priorities and demands and to prioritize and manage delivery risks
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Specifically, ability to present, explain and discuss results of analyses to effectively drive fact-based decision making within all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze issues and write succinct reports in a non-technical and business-like manner
- Preferred candidates are likely to have experience of working from global organizations. Private sector experience is a distinct advantage.
- PROFESSIONAL CURIOSITY: Actively pursues professional development; demonstrates a broad understanding of HR theory and practice as applicable to clients in multiple regions and to broader
- HRINTEGRATING INFORMATION: Integrates information from diverse sources in order to form well-rounded understanding of rules, policies and precedents; strives to identify and understand interactions and interconnections, and implications for problem resolution; passes on findings to team.
- JUDGMENT: Analyses are based on broad understanding of relevant data, client context and HR rules, policies & practices; conclusions & recommendations are mindful of implications for clients and broader organization.
- CREDIBILITY: Works to understand and resolve difficult ethical dilemmas, seeking advice as necessary; actively seeks solutions to work issues and problems in order to meet commitments and; retains and addresses HR and WBG perspectives when working with clients.
- TRUSTED COMMUNICATOR: Facilitates dialogue in the face of differences of opinion, conflict or error; anticipates and addresses potential breaches in confidentiality and/or data security; expresses own convictions freely, but with diplomacy, understanding of others’ perspectives and openness to alternative ideas.
- COMMITMENT TO MISSION AND VALUES: Ensures understanding of WBG mission and business are reflected in work of team; advocates for the WBG’s mission and values with clients and/or within HR.
- CONSULTATION: Engages with clients and other stakeholders in order to understand and respond to business needs; validates understanding through consultation, questioning and probing; advice and actions support stakeholder needs.
- FLEXIBILITY: Identifies valid needs for changes in approach or processes; seeks to ensure changes meet client and WBG needs.
- INFLUENCING: Actively promotes broader HR objectives, change needs and own informed opinion when working within HR and with clients; advocates for client interests within HR; uses a variety of skills to achieve influencing objectives within immediate group, including detailed analyses, presentation of pros and cons and management of dialogue.