MSF(Doctors Without Borders) is one of the largest independent medical humanitarian organizations in the world, with projects located in 65 countries worldwide. MSF's work is based on the humanitarian principles of medical ethics; the goal of MSF is to provide emergency care to people who are affected by armed conflicts, epidemics and natural or man-made disasters.
MSF is looking for his/her :
HR AND FINANCE COORDINATOR - PAKISTAN
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND CONTEXT OF THE POST
Presentation of MSF mission in Pakistan:
- Coordination based in Islamabad.
- 1 Project based in Peshawar MCH activite (obstetrical private clinic)
- 1 Newly opened Cutaneous Leishmaniasis clinics
- Assessment in Punjab (Lahore) on TB for a new project
- Total Budget 2018: 3 500 000 EUROS
MSF Peshawar Women’s Hospital is a comprehensive emergency obstetric and neonatal care facility for patients from relatively socio-economic is advantaged situations, including refugees and internally displaced people. Its obstetric facilities have 24 beds, with a labor room, delivery room and operating theatre. In 2017, there were: 4,188 women admitted, 3,687 births assisted, 479 surgical acts performed, including caesarean sections, 498 neonates admitted
Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Clinics
MSF has been providing medical treatment to patients with Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Kuchlak and Benazir Bhutto Hospital in old Marriabad town. These clinics provide specialized treatment for the parasitic skin disease Cutaneous Leishmaniasis, which is a major public health issue in some parts of the country. The disease is transmitted by the bite of the sand-fly and can cause debilitating skin lesions. MSF is the biggest provider of treatment for this neglected tropical disease in Balochistan. In 2017, there were: 3,803 patients screened and 2,823 patients treated for Cutaneous Leishmaniasis, with a cure rate of 99 percent
The HR and Finance Coordinator works under Cell HR,s/he is responsibility of Head of Mission and he/she’s in charge of the overall management of the Human Resources, the finance, administrative and legal aspect of the MSF’s mission in Pakistan.
- Guarantee the proper use of the funds, in accordance with the mission’s budget as well as the MSF’s internal procedures. Manage and follow the mission’s budget
- Coordinate and finalize the development of new budgets related to project proposals
- Centralize and control the accounting of the mission, manage all mission cash
- Provide financial management tools to Project Managers, Head of Mission, HQ
- Prepare and accompany project related audits
- Ensure that MSF works in compliance with the Pakistani laws, and ensure the follow-up of the legal files.
- Ensure the proper archiving of accounting and administrative documents
- Ensure that the HR policy defined by MSF and all the procedures related to human resources are known and respected by all MSF’s employees (expatriate and national)
- Ensure that the human resources management framework complies with the Pakistani labor law, and propose adaptations if necessary and ensure the regular updating of the rules of procedure. Represent MSF towards relevant local authorities
- Maintain a network of formal and informal relations with HR Coordinators of others MSF sections present in Pakistan and other NGOs;
- Propose relevant adaptations to the organization chart of the mission and contribute to its implementation (job profiles, HR needs, etc.) Control the payroll process and ensuring a comprehensive accountability on HR costs according to HI and donors requirements;
- Ensure proper administrative management of human resources for the mission: HR policy, recruitment, administrative management of staff (expatriate and national), training management, capacity building, etc.
Education: Graduate or post-graduate in HR/Finance or Business Administration or any relevant field
- Essential: 3 years of field experience in the humanitarian sector
- Working experience of at least five years as Finance and HR Manager / Coordinator in a professional organization (private, public and/or non-for-profit sector);
- MSF experience in any relevant field as administrator is an assets.
- Proven experience in tools development and HR policies design
- Proven experience in coordination at country level
- Proven training and local capacity building experience
Language: English mandatory (oral and written)
Knowledge: Knowledge of accounting and human resources software (Saga, Homere)
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills;
- Ability to manage a team, autonomy and sense of team working.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Position to be filled in July for at least 12 months up to 2 years
- Fixed term contract
- Unaccompanied position
- Salary status according to the MSF salary grid and your previous experience in international NGOs (if any). Monthly Per Diem
- Insurances: medical health coverage, repatriation
Kindly send your application (motivation letter & resume)
Until the July 17th, 2018 to https://www.msf.fr/en/agir/rejoindre-nos-equipes/toutes-nos-offres-emploi/hr-and-finance-coordinator-pakistan-mf
Only selected candidates will be contacted