World Health Organisation, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Ensure accuracy and completion of supporting documents for establishment and classification/ reclassification requests, confirm availability of funds and liaise with BUD and concerned units regarding creation and revision of positions in the GSM HR plan.
- Finalize and distribute post descriptions; provide guidance to concerned staff on initiating classification/reclassification actions in GSM.
- Receive recruitment requests. Maintain an appropriate follow up system to monitor all stages of recruitment, draft necessary correspondence and reply to queries, consult supervisor on actual/anticipated problems and recommend solutions.
- Draft and validate accuracy of vacancy notices; ensure appropriate posting on the Intra/Internet, via standard distribution or as appropriate. Confirm with position owner and Budget unit sustainable funding.
- Undertake preliminary screening of applicants on the basis of agreed criteria; generate matrices using the on-line recruitment system and make preliminary recommendations to facilitate review by supervisors and subsequent recruitment panels.
- Arrange for interviewing and testing of short listed applicants by sending necessary correspondence, setting up interview appointments; administer written tests, etc. Prepare necessary background documents for selection committee submissions, initiate necessary correspondence, compile and distribute selection files to committee members.
- Finalize preliminary recruitment formalities, such as reference checks, sending standard feeler letter to selected candidate, create applicant record in GSM, validate personal documents/data, etc and provide guidance to concerned staff on required steps to initiate recruitment in GSM.
- Receive and review selection reports and supporting documents submitted by Country offices for selections of GS staff, verify shortlist, seek clarifications when needed, prepare advice for selection and obtain necessary approvals.
- Regularly maintain and update Tracking sheet, Post Monitoring System and confidential files pertaining to recruitment and establishment of positions; preserve confidentiality of information.
- Prepare statistics as required by supervisor.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an updated roster of pre-screened candidates.
- Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by training in administration and/or HR management.
- Desirable University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- Essential : At least five years of experience in administrative work, part of which in HR management.
- Desirable: Experience in the field of classification or recruitment is an asset.
Use of Language Skills : Very good knowledge of English and Arabic. French is an asset.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, procedures and office practices.
- Ability to draft in English neatly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people of diverse backgrounds
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment