Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Description of duties:
HR operations include a number of high volume tasks; which nevertheless require close attention to details. Processing errors could lead to financial loss to the Organization and severe inconvenience to staff globally. The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day operations related to Human Resources activities. This functions require:
- The ability to analyse and process transactions.
- Detailed-oriented review with clear follow-up.
- The ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- A proactive approach.
- Effective communications skills when liaising with colleagues and with staff member globally.
- Close collaboration with colleagues with GHR, GSC, Headquarters (HQ), Regional Offices (ROs), and Country Offices (COs).
Within the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities. However, staff may be reassigned to perform other duties within GHR as determined by the Coordinator, GHR which includes ad hoc assignments, reinforcing other teams or replacing other staff members as required. Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the incumbent reviews and processes GHR transactions as follows:
- Appointment of locally recruited staff, conference staff with travel and professional staff appointed for 60 days or less without positions.
- Extension of temporary contracts of locally recruited staff.
- Acting arrangement with and without pay and extension of acting arrangements beyond one year.
- Processing of conversion of continuing appointments and issuance of appropriate letters to staff members.
- Review and administer change in Full Time Equivalent (FTE) including updating of FTE SITs and leave and absence module, as appropriate and issuance of appropriate letters to staff members.
- Administer and prepare letters related to change in grade (reclassifications).
- Administer and prepare letters related to reassignment of staff members, without change in duty station (e.g. lateral transfer, promotions).
- Separation of locally recruited staff and administration of leave encashment.
- Review supporting documents, determine eligibility and administer language allowance and accelerated Within-Grade Increases (WIGIs).
- Process education grant final claims (except cases involving no pro-rata calculations or cases pertaining to staff on inter-agency transfers).
- Process statutory travels Travel Requests (TRs) and Retro-active Travel Claims (RTCs) (home leave, family visit, Rest & Recuperation (R&R) and education grant travel).
- Prepare letter and administer redeployment of staff within a country.
- Review supporting document and administer self-service requests, dependency related transactions, including change in personal status involving.
- Domestic partnerships and same sex marriages, change in nationality, change in recognized place of residence and salary advance emergency.
- Administer planned and confirmed home leave, Rest & Recuperation (R&R) leave, paternity leave, maternity leave, adoption leave, special leave with / without pay, leave without pay, including issuance of letters, as appropriate.
- Uploading all GHR transaction related supporting documents in the L Drive for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) upload.
- Updating the status of implementation in both Electronic Service Level Agreement (eSLA) and Human Resources Action Plan (HRAP).
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent.
- Good technical expertise in human resources.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and Web-based software.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Good analytical and general organizational skills.
- Sound judgement, integrity and tact when dealing with others.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to brief others and explain procedures.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in HR management and/or administration or;
- 4 years with a first level University Degree or;
- 3 years with an Advanced University Degree.
- Experience in the use of an ERP system such as Oracle.
- Essential:Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- This vacancy is open to candidates in the local commuting area.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this Vacancy Notice; including those of a temporary nature for a period of 12 months.
- A written test may be used for screening purposes.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days annual leave, child allowance, pension plan and medical insurance.
- Annual salary ranges from MYR40,877 to MYR51,777 depending on qualifications, skills, and experience.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=33860&vaclng=en