Norwegian Refugee Council, Aden, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Assist in the staff recruitment throughout the process.
- To prepare the induction schedule for all new staff.
- To maintain good archiving system for HR files.
- Ensure and maintain daily management of the attendance sheet.
- Ensure and maintain up to date records of the staff leave
- Ensure monthly timesheet are done by staff within the office area and kept at HR files.
- To maintain the incentive workers records in the line with NRC related SOP
- Assist on preparing the monthly payroll.
- Assist in plan and support on the staff performance management and appraisal calendar and content
- To facilitate and advise staff on the local medical insurance
- To report all HR activities in Weekly/ Monthly basis to the line manager.
- Other daily tasks requested by line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- Minimum 1 Year experience from working as HR assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of English.
Education level: College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector.
- A strong administrative service orientation.
- Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure.
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills.
- Personal conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Basic employee counselling skills.
- Highly confidential.
- Good computer application skills.