WFP’s Global Strategic Plan 2017–2021 aligns WFP with the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Goals (SDGs). It focuses on ending hunger and contributing to a revitalized global partnership to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Further extensive consultation with the Government and other development partners in Egypt during the second half of 2017 to allow informing and formulating the WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan for the next 5 years until mid-2023 in line with Egypt’s development priorities, the WFP Egypt Country Office has started implementing the Country Strategic Plan (CSP). The focus of the CSP remains on support to school meals and nutrition support for Pregnant and Lactating Women as integrated part of the national social protection scheme, food assistance for assets and resilience-promotion for smallholder farmers and support to vulnerable Syrian refugees and migrants. To sustain those planned interventions, WFP will be conducting joint monitoring activities with Government representatives of key line Ministries to enforce the concepts of participation, transparency and accountability to its partners. In addition, capacity development activities will be provided to national counterparts and cooperating partners to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability and raising their capacity to conduct monitoring at the local level.
To deliver administrative support to the HR unit in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Business Support Assistant will perform the below HR Administrator roles:
- Assist in the recruitment process by contacting the shortlisted candidates, scheduling interviews and technical exams, sending relevant correspondence and preparing the interviews logistics.
- Maintain paper based and electronic personnel files of all staff ensuring all documentations are completed timely.
- Monitor and maintain the contractual status of staff to ensure the timely preparation and issuance of contract renewals and other actions.
- Draft various HR documentation (e.g. employment contracts, HR letters, Visa letters, training-related documents, UN IDs etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Provide assistance and respond to staff queries, follow up on actions, ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to staff.
- Monitor the staff attendance, create the monthly attendance reports and record the absences/leaves/overtime on various HR systems while ensuring compliance with the Organizations’ rules and regulations
- Closed Monitoring and follow up with all staff to ensure completion of the assigned courses on the e-learning portal, handling training logistics, attendance and other related issues.
- Respond to staff queries regarding their medical enrollment, pending claims, etc…
- Assist in ad hoc HR projects.
- Support other assigned duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge & Skills:
- General knowledge of different HR functions.
- Effective HR administration competencies.
- Good knowledge in the use of different Microsoft office. SAP Knowledge will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects.
- Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Strong data accuracy and attention to details.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in related functional area is desirable.
Language: Proficiency in English & Arabic languages.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience: One or two years of progressively responsible work experience in Human Resources, Administration or any related field.