Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also pr ovide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Stabilisation Unit HR (SUHR) Team provides a number of core HR services to Stabilisation Unit. It is comprised of the Head of HR, the Deputy HR Manager, and an HR Business Support Officer. This is a new post in SUHR which will work alongside the current HR Business Support Officer, ensuring a smooth and efficient HR service to the Unit.
The team is looking for someone with excellent organisation, communication and stakeholder management skills; someone who has sound decision making skills, is a proactive self-starter and is able to plan and prioritise their work in order to deliver at pace in a highly pressured environment.
- Oversee the end-to-end process of all recruitment activities; designing and operating a structured recruitment programme that meets business needs and ensuring recruitment processes are compliant with the recruitment principles and UK employment law; focus on continuous improvement of resourcing and wider HR policies and procedures, ensuring information is easy to understand and accessible to all staff;
- Lead on the continuous development of SU workforce planning tools (including HR dashboard); ensuring consistent use of the management information tools across the Unit;
- Oversee onboarding for new staff to the SU; providing a smooth onboarding experience; setting up loan agreements with home departments;
- Manage the HR database to ensure all staff records are kept up-to-date by checking the monthly reports and addressing any anomalies/issues;
- Ensure all key documents relating to HR issues are correctly saved on the electronic filing system (VAULT), in accordance with SUHR guidance and updating when required;
- Act as the first point of contact for Human Resources enquiries and provide consistent HR advice, support and resolution to managers, staff and outside parties within agreed parameters in order to maximise efficiency, effectiveness and confidence.
Required Qualifications: SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Essential Skills / Experience
- Familiar with HR policies, procedures and practices;
- Experience of delivering end to end processes;
- Highly organised with an ability to work to tight delivery deadlines, manage multiple priorities and remain calm under pressure;
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative, and has sound judgement and decision making skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with internal andxternal stakeholders; providing excellent customer service;
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications such as: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.