The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
PROJECT BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
WFP has developed a Corporate Framework for Workforce Planning as a step towards purposefully managing its workforce of the future, in response to the increasing challenges in managing a complex and globally dispersed workforce. The project focusses on collaborating with different stakeholders to review organizational workforce composition, identify gaps, and formulate recommendations on how to effectively align organizational to people strategy and maximize operations in short, medium and long-term.
This role will be reporting to the Workforce Planning Manager and directly support delivery of workforce plans across functional areas for 16,000 staff and ensure alignment and integration of these plans with the Country Strategic Planning (Country Office level) process.
- Assess the strategic direction and derive insights into the implications of these on the workforce;
- Analyze current workforce and its relevant characteristics to assess impact of talent flows to determine future supply of talent and identify patterns to inform gaps in the future;
- Support consultation with functional subject matter experts, HR and Country Heads to determine current and future workforce requirements drawing from the analysis and other inputs;
- Process data analysis to determine workforce needs in line with operation objectives and to advocate for an ecosystem informed by both data-driven insights and nuanced business context;
- Support identification of appropriate workforce and/or talent management solutions to bridge the gaps over short, medium and long-term including costs, timeframes and benefits;
- Work in continuous collaboration with HR colleagues across WFP to ensure integration of findings with other initiatives, launched from Headquarters or the Regional Bureaus, or programs developed at the Country level;
- Prepare appropriate communications materials throughout the project in order to keep all stakeholders informed of progress, to request action from stakeholders or to build engagement in the project;
- Understand and develop data visualization needs to enable stakeholders to take evidence based decisions;
- Drive change and influence individuals at all levels of the organization to take appropriate risks;
- Other, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Education: University Degree in Human Resources, Data Science, Statistics, Business Administration or other related field.
- Experience: 3- 5 years of experience in organizational effectiveness, operational management, data analytics and/or human resources with excellent communication and project management skills, a track-record in collaborating with large-scale teams and multiple stakeholders.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to play a significant role in formal and informal client strategy work sessions and presentations
- An analytical and rigorous approach to uncovering insight
- Data analytics skills with advanced experience in working with data analytical tools
- Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to create concise and clear visuals
- Ability to work with ambiguity, to take a constructive approach to overcome challenges and build consensus across diverse and global teams
- Ability to prioritize work and meet pressing deadlines
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds
Language: Excellent knowledge of English. Good working knowledge of the second UN language preferably French, Spanish or Arabic is an advantage.