Norwegian Refugee Council, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the Human Resources Coordinator – Employee Relations is to implement the delegated Employee Relations, Performance Management, and Staff Care related tasks and activities. S/He will be responsible for supporting individual and organizational resilience through healthy, productive working environment, ensuring that NRC staff are provided with the adequate and relevant medical and psychosocial support, and ensuring proper monitoring of work related stress among NRC staff. The position holder will also implement and follow up on performance management and carry out performance-based discussions and fact-finding for minor behavioral breaches and poor performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that staff care initiatives are implemented and followed up in compliance with set policies, guidelines, and following the directions of the Global Office and minimum standards; and ensure continuous assessment on updated needs across the country to identify areas of development and provide recommendations and actions as needed.
- Coordinate with the Regional Office, Head Office, and other regional HR staff on staff care and other related topics for new ideas and initiatives, and to ensure standardization across the region and meeting minimum standards.
- Lead on the sourcing process for external providers and special matter experts in the field of psychosocial support; while ensuring to follow on staff requests for this benefit as per set policy and approved practices.
- Propose engagement and team building activities for NRC staff and ensure proper plans are proactively put in place and followed up.
- Follow up on Employee Satisfaction Surveys initiated by the Global Office and ensure proper reporting of results with recommendations for action.
- Plan, design, and facilitate workshops, presentations, seminars, coaching sessions, and trainings related to behavioural topics, Code of Conduct, people management, leadership, communication, Staff Care initiatives, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of Performance Management and ensure that Work and Development Plans for all staff are received and consolidated, and advise on ways forward; and provide staff with training sessions and refreshers on the process and feedback methodologies
- Follow up on the Comment Box logging, reporting, and following up on action points, and consolidating feedback; and report any cases that require investigations to the Investigations Coordinator and Head of Support.
- Lead on fact-findings and follow up on minor Code of Conduct breaches, under-performance, and behavioral violations.
- Roll out awareness sessions on NRC’s Duty of Care, and ensure proper implementation and follow up on minimum standards and that compliance is maintained.
- Proactively seek methods and initiatives to provide a culture in the HR Department based on customer service orientation, mutual trust with staff, and staff wellbeing.
- Conduct continuous meetings with NRC Staff Representatives and ensure that all recommendations are dealt with in utmost care and reported as per set policy; and follow up on election duration, criteria, and process annually.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in staff care, psychosocial support, or related field
- BS in Industrial Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, or a similar related field
- Coaching background is a plus
- Fluent in both English and Arabic, spoken and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation and training facilitation skills
- Planning and Delivering Results
- Initiating Action and Change
- Managing Performance and Development
- Handling Insecure Environments