Closing Date for Applications:
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Generalist (International/ National) will coordinate the HR supports available for country programme staff (both international and national staff). Managing the HQ HR Partners they will lead a team of HR professionals providing support to staff on international and country programme (national) contracts. The role will be responsible for a diverse range of HR matters including, but not limited to:
HR Support (International)
- Manage the HR Partner for international staff, managing the employee experience of all international staff, including inductions, on-assignment support, career planning, development and debriefs;
- Support international staff and Country SMT in improving team performance, handling grievances, complaints and investigations;
- Review and sign-off international staff payroll by the 13th of each month;
- Ensure that GOAL HR procedures for international work and travel incorporate appropriate medical clearance and basic health briefings. Act as escalation point for the international HR team when there are potential pre-departure medical concerns to ensure appropriate mitigations are put in place;
- Act as liaison point with GOAL's emergency service provider in the event of serious medical cases and medical evacuations;
- In line with GOAL's procurement policies, lead the review and renewal of international staff health and well being related policies and insurance cover, seeking optimum cover whilst ensuring value for money.
Field HR Support (National)
- Manage the HR Partner (National) to build strong relationships with national HR managers and other members of the local management team to ensure that HR advice and support is available for key HR issues;
- Support the development and implementation of Global HR Policies, employee manuals and contracts worldwide ensuring that they reflect international good practice and GOAL policy as well as national employment law;
- Oversee the annual national salary review including reporting to the Remuneration Committee (and at other times where needed) - ensuring that proposals are in line with best practice, GOAL polices and reviewed by the HQ Finance team.
HR Process & Information Management:
- Ensure accurate, timely reporting of key HR metrics to Management, Remuneration Committee and Country programmes;
- With HR colleagues:
- Work to continually improve and evolve GOAL’s HR information systems. Ensuring GOAL provides industry leading information capture, tracking, recording and reporting whist ensuring fit for purpose for all GOAL stakeholders including country programmes, humanitarian response, donors, management and Board;
- Ensure GOAL's HR polices and processes are compliant with EU GDPR legislation;
- Contribute to the review and development of international and national employee handbook sand contracts of employment ensuring that they reflect international good practice and GOAL policy as well as international and national employment law. Propose and develop global HR frameworks and guidelines around key areas such as learning, health and wellbeing, pay strategy, performance management and other key areas of HR;
- Provide input into review and design of HR and other GOAL projects as required.
Representation & Coordination:
- Where required represent GOAL at National and International forums, ensuring GOAL stays ahead of relevant sector trends and contributes to global discussions;
- Coordinate with other departments and Country and Regional directors, ensuring that the human resources department is represented in wider discussions and is serving the needs of the organization at operational and strategic level;
- Liaise with Internal Audit and Compliance to support donor and other assurance reporting as required;
- Liaise with GOAL investigations team, proving information and advice as required.
- Flexibility to support other members of the HR team during periods of exceptional workloads and take on other special projects as required;
- Any other duties as requested by line manager.
- A qualification in Human Resource management or a relevant discipline;
- At least five years’ experience in a busy HR team;
- Demonstrated experience in developing organisational wide policies and initiatives;
- Experience as an effective manager, with the ability to influence at a senior level;
- Good communicator, team-player & planner;
- Strong IT skills and the ability to use new technology and define HR system needs processes and gaps;
- Proven project management experience;
- Committed to performance measurement and continuous improvement;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to interpret and report on data.
- International HR experience in INGOs or with a relevant charity organisation in HQ;
- Experience of managing, coaching or mentoring less experienced team members;
- Languages (French, Spanish, Arabic);
- Occasional international travel may be required in this role.