UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a future!
The HR Information Management Consultant will support the HR Unit in UNICEF Pakistan office in conceptualization and consolidation of HR reports based on information received against different indicators for proper human resource planning. In addition, the incumbent will ensure the timely preparation and dissemination of mandatory and special reports.
To make a difference, you will be accountable for the following tasks and deliverables
Main Objectives & tasks to be performed:
Data collection and dissemination
- Consolidate, analyze & disseminate HR statistics based on information received against different indicators for HR regular and emergency planning, including, total number of staff, gender ratio, diversity, relevant skills etc.
- Support the data collection on surveys and statistics in response to the ITF report and the Gender Report
- Support the planning and monitoring of KPI in recruitment, entitlements, learning and development function
- Update and maintain organigram, country office staff list on a regular basis
- Maintain and keep track of staff information regarding security, stretch assignment and flexible working arrangement.
Data analysis for key decision making
- Prepare and visualize reports, tables, brief snapshots of information that will inform management planning, diagnosis and decision-making as well as improved work processes in HR and other sections
- Support preparation of mid/ Annual review and annual report
- Provide contextualized data analysis catering to the needs of HR team, sections within country offices and inquiry from NYHQ & ROSA.
System and tools
- Build and maintain practical templates and tools for HR unit for continuous maintenance and updates. Establish SharePoint submission portal for learning request.
- Prepare SOPs to assess the section’s progress against the work plan.
- Establish a regular HR data report on the status of HR work in recruitment, entitlements, learning and development function
- Support ECM initiative. In coordination with the HR team, build folder structure and establish tagging system; organize and manage archive of HR data/ information.
- Keep abreast of the best practices in information and data management in the industry
- Prepare and initiate knowledge transfer with HR colleagues on the data management and analytical skills
- Identify gaps in the information and data management that arises during the assignments.
- HR data cleaned, organized shared with stakeholders
- Data and survey relevant to ITF and Gender report designed and collected
- HR section’s performance (KPI) tracked and monitored
- Organigram updated monthly.
- Section’s data reviewed and compiled in line with the sections workplan and produced descriptive results.
- Inquiries from NYHQ & ROSA and other units responded with accurate information
- Templates and tools developed to capture the section’s data to support in monitoring of processes and progress.
- Regular HR updates structured and sent
- Learning sessions of knowledge transfer conducted
Qualifications of Successful candidate:
University degree in Statistics / Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in management of information, preferably in HR or Operations area in UN organization.
- Proven statistical, analytic and technical skills, including excellent knowledge of MS Office (strong skills in Excel), SharePoint, Power BI and other visualization data etc.
- Previous experience in working with UN system will be an asset
- Sound knowledge and experience in computer applications and working knowledge of UNICEF system applications is an asset
- Knowledge of UNICEF business practices is an asset
- Ability to systemize the data and present in a systemic manner.
- Personal commitment, flexibility and efficiency and proven capacity to work under pressure.
Languages: Fluency in English and Urdu. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.