Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - PCG
- The mission of the People and Change Group (PCG) is to empower effective leaders...
- Background Information - Job-specific
- Under the close guidance and supervision of the HR Analyst, the HR - Learning Assistant provides support to Learning services, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly service delivery. The HR Learning Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the unit.
- The HR Learning Assistant works in close collaboration with the Learning Team in HQ, and locally with colleagues in Bangkok, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
- Help-Desk Support for Learning Management System (LMS)
- Learning Programme Support
- Online tools
- Help-Desk Support for LMS
- Support the Learning Management System (LMS) help-desk, under close guidance of Human Resources Analyst and in cooperation with the Headquarters Learning Team.
- Support learners and instructors with LMS course enrolments, automated learning evaluations and certification of completion.
- Pull regular and ad hoc data system reports on learning in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Under guidance of the supervisor, update the Learning Management System dashboards for Mandatory Courses and General learning reporting figures
Learning Programme Support
- Registrate participants in learning events and activities and schedule exams for external certifications in Project Management and Procurement.
- Support screening of applications for learning programmes.
- Follow up on completion of modules for different leadership programmes.
- Compile learning impact evaluation data on all learning activities.
- Support enrollment of participants and follow up for UN Language Proficiency Exams.
- Process payments and procurement documentation from related learning activities.
- Learning Online tools
- Follow up on requests for licenses of Language courses and exams, Video based Learning and assigns licenses accordingly
- Monitor usage of online tools and report to management.
IMPACT OF RESULTS
The key results have an impact on the overall execution of the UNOPS Learning services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate and properly documented records enhance UNOPS capability in the Learning management.
- High school diploma required.
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree is an asset and may substitute for some of the required years of work experience.
- A Master´s degree is NOT REQUIRED for this position. Nevertheless, candidates with a Master's degree are also encouraged to apply.
- With a high school diploma, a minimum of 4 years of experience in either of the following areas: Learning and Development, HR Management, administration, communications support and coordination, or a combination of the above is required.
- Experience working in an international environment is an advantage.
- Experience working with the administration of a learning management system is an advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is a distinct advantage.