Oceana, Madrid, Spain
Closing Date for Applications:
OCEANA seeks a HR Manager to support its European offices comprising more than 45 staff in Spain, Denmark, Belgium, and the UK and headquartered in Madrid. The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker and an efficient multitasker who can manage the day-to-day of an HR department as well create and implement new policies in an international environment.
- To provide efficient and effective HR services, policies, procedures and standards to Oceana Europe to run effectively and comply with relevant employment and labour laws.
- To work hand-in-hand with Oceana Europe COO and Global HR in Washington, DC towards a common approach to attract, develop and retain key people for the organisation.
- Responsible for the recruitments for all level positions.
- Work closely with hiring managers to finalise job descriptions and grade the roles appropriately.
- In consultation with the hiring manager, prepare job advertisements and post on relevant job platforms: handle recruitment logistics and maintain staff records.
- Liaise with Global HR team to ensure all appropriate employee information is entered into the global recruiting platform.
- Participates as panel member and coaches line managers in good interviewing techniques and best practices.
- Manage staff induction events and ensure on-boarding for newcomers.
Labour laws compliance and HR Contract Management:
- Ensure that Oceana Europe complies with relevant employment and labour laws (in Spain, Belgium, Denmark and the United Kingdom).
- Liaise with local authorities (Spain, Belgium, Denmark and UK) and Oceana lawyers on employment issues and other queries. Supervise and sign off on payroll payments and liaise with local payroll providers as required.
- Conduct reference checks, agree on salary, make employment offers and draw up employment contracts.
Development of HR policies and procedures:
- Develop HR standards, policies and procedures and monitor implementation.
- Communicate effectively on all HR policies and procedures and ensure adherence.
- Work with global HR to produce and regularly update the staff manual.
Performance appraisals & Compensation:
- Support the Senior Management Team in driving the yearly Performance Management cycle at Oceana Europe.
- Manage compensation process for Europe including mandatory, cost of living and other increases.
- Key focal point for all Oceana Europe employee relations and queries:
- Act as the point of contact for employee relations and other queries.
- Provide guidance on labour law related questions as well as on performance and disciplinary issues.
- Maintain and keep up to date all employee records.
- Run exit interviews for those leaving the organisation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COO.
Qualifications and experience:
- We are seeking an experienced candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or a related field and a minimum of 5 years professional experience managing HR functions in an international organisation.
- Knowledge of labour laws in Spain (knowledge of UK, Danish and Belgian labour laws an asset).
- Strong working knowledge of recruiting, performance management, compensation and employee relations are required.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required and in other languages (French, Danish or German) is an asset.
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through and the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues in a calm and diplomatic way.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Able to work with senior leader to develop course of action and execute it.
- Good problem solver, that welcomes challenge and is not daunted by obstacles and lack of clarity.
- A proactive team player with a positive attitude.
- This is a full-time position.
- This position will be based in Oceana´s European Headquarters in Madrid.
- Oceana offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience.