About the role:
This is a 12 month role with unaccompanied terms based in Syria with a salary of Grade 3 €34,106 - €41,685.
You will report to the Systems Director and will line manage HR Manager (national counterpart) and 4 HR Assistants and work closely with Country Director, Programme Director, Country Financial Controller, NGOs
We would like you to start as soon as possible.
Under the line management of the Systems Director, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for managing the human resources function for Concern Syria Programme based in Syria, with frequent travel to support programme areas in Syria. The HRM will operate in line with all Concern operational and security policies and procedures. A key part of this role will be to recruit and train a national HR Manager for Syria.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the HR Department based on a thorough understanding of globally accepted good HR principles and practices. Ensure the implementation of the Concern Syria HR manual by training, coaching and mentoring HR staff and line managers in Syria.
- Line manage the current HR Assistants in all offices; recruit and train a national HR Manager;
- Promote and ensure compliance with the requirements of Concern’s Safe guarding policies including the Concern Code of Conduct and its associated policies.
- Revise Concern’s existing remuneration and benefits package for local staff in comparisons with other agencies and provide informed recommendations for senior management – to include per diems and other financial and non-financial benefits;
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive confidential electronic and paper data base/filing system for all employees
- Oversee recruitment of all local staff posts to ensure all vacancies are filled with the right people in a timely manner. This includes job identification, assisting job description preparation or review, staff vacancy request, vacancy announcement, shortlisting, setting up interviews, reference checks, employee contracts, and induction
- Provide informed and confidential advice for staff with regard to understanding entitlements etc.
- Establish confidential grievance and complaint procedures that staff can rely upon. Manage collective and individual staff grievances, seeking advice from senior management as required and in accordance with grievance policies
- Support the Systems Director in setting in place a fit for purpose HR planning process. This includes staffing budgets as required. Review with the PD and SD, the current daily worker contracts and move them to regular employment contracts where appropriate
- Provide support to managers in preparation of job descriptions
- Review Job Descriptions of new posts in consultation with relevant line managers
- Periodically review all categories of national staff job descriptions and amend as necessary in light of actual job functions
- Manage payroll of national staff in liaison with Finance team to ensure all local staff receive the correct monthly payments on time
- Maintain accurate records of staff leave and ensure all staff is aware of entitlements and procedures for applying for leave.
- Ensure the implementation of Performance Development Review and probation system, ensuring that it operates equitably and consistently across the organization
- Ensure exit interviews are carried out with all staff leaving Concern and undertake analysis of these
- Oversee staff development plans that meet individual and organisational development needs
- Maintain an updated organogram of the organization
- Effectively manage and support staff reporting to this position
- Ensure that the programme is meeting its commitments to providing a safe working environment.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Bachelor degree in relevant discipline such as HR Management, Business Management.
- Good command of Microsoft Office Professional
- At least 3 years demonstrated work experience in HR systems or equivalent
- Experience in working in the humanitarian sector and in insecure complex emergency situations
- Experience in personnel management Good communication skills i.e. advisory/instruction skills, network skills, team building skills
- English Oral and written skills essential
Desirable:Arabic would be an advantage