The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world's largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic of Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 9 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve rights of the displaced. Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
- Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law
- Assess, train, support, and monitor of the HR team to respond to HR challenges from departments/units/offices
- Support and train managers in their people management responsibilities
- Support and train other staff with HR responsibilities /personnel management
- Management of the HR and Administration team
- Report regularly on HR indicators and trends
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from operations regarding protection, and incorporate them into program strategy and staff development processes.
- Develop and implement an HR strategy for the Country
- Support Departments in the assessment of HR capacity gaps and offer HR solutions to fill them through Workforce Planning.
- Advise and guide departments on the implementation of their HR strategy concerning recruitment, induction, staff training & development, performance management, reward etc.
- Provide strategic inputs in the development of NRC Iran strategy.
- Lead the roll out of the HRMIS System in Iran.
- Be HR focal point for handling HR related investigations on breaches of Code of Conduct
- Coordinate with relevant authorities and partners (Social Security Organization, Medical/Health insurance company, Ministry of Labor, Legal Advisor…)
- Share good HR practices by liaising with counterparts in other NRC operations
- Develop alternative/creative ways of delivering HR services and advice during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian and/or recovery context
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as HR Manager
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven knowledge and skills related to Human Resources and Administration in Iranian context and Iranian Laws
- Proven expertise in Performance management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in implementing Workforce Planning is preferred.
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Communicating with impact and respect