UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an advocate.
Positioned in the Talent Acquisition team of UNICEF’s Division of Human Resources, the Recruitment Centre of Expertise (CoE) provides content expertise related to recruitment, delivering talent acquisition solutions and strategic talent management support tailored to the Organization’s business needs.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the HR Specialist, Recruitment CoE, the HR Officer, P-2 (TA) will perform the following functions:
- Support Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) with workforce planning, data analysis, consolidation of inputs, and internal talent mapping for respective functional areas;
- Participate directly in the General Vacancy Announcement (GVA) process to populate Talent Groups up to the P-4 level. This includes reviewing candidates, participating in selection panels, quality assurance, preparing reports, etc.;
- Candidate sourcing;
- Coordinate each stage of a GVA process;
- Maintain the respective functional area IP- Talent Groups in collaboration with the HRBP(s), thereby enabling a global overview of the composition of Talent Groups;
- Relationship management with candidates in Talent Groups, ensuring that candidate information is up-to-date;
- Develop materials and/or resources for candidate engagement events and for webinars on GVAs and Talent Groups;
- Support HRBPs in piloting key initiatives related to talent management. Provide inputs on how to achieve strategic objectives in relation to talent management;
- Develop toolkit and/or draft guidance for effective and efficient talent acquisition, and;
- Support the implementation of key initiatives in the Recruitment CoE, as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in HR management, business administration, social sciences, education or related field.
- Two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Experience in recruitment.
- UNICEF/UN experience as an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of current theories and practices in human resources management;
- Excellent planning, writing, analysis and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and adapt to changing demands and circumstances;
- Ability to empathize with client managers, supervisors and staff while advocating for consistent and equitable applications of promulgated HR regulations and rules;
- Ability to articulate clear and concise ideas and concepts in written and oral form;
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization;
- Knowledge of a major platform e-Recruitment system and relevant computer systems and applications, and;
- Ability to help design and implement innovative HR programs within a fast paced, evolving, and wide organizational setting as a strong asset.
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.