The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Overall purpose of the role:
To provide Human Resources administrative assistance and support in compliance with DRC's and local guidelines and procedures
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
Compensations & benefits
- Manage, update and process the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to finance department for payment by 25th of each month.
- Ensure that all relevant deductions are affected on the payroll monthly.
- In close collaboration with the heads of departments, prepare recruitment plans for the country program (e.g. ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles and staff have signed and filed on their personnel files).
- Coordinate and lead the recruitment process for national staff, ensuring that its done as per DRC set standards and in accordance with the national labor laws.
- Update the recruitment tracker; share with HR Specialist and HR & Admin Manager.
New staff onboarding
- Induction/onboarding; In liaison with other departments, arrange for onboarding for all newly recruited staff in their first week as per set guidelines.
- Ensure new team member receives required equipment (computer, phone, desk, email addresses, Identity cards etc) on 1st day of reporting.
- Orient new staff on national staff policy, CoC, conflict of interest, confidentiality policy & internet policy etc.
- Consolidate all national staff training needs from the annual performance appraisal tools and also address all training requested by Line Managers.
- Closely work with HODs for developing the annual staff training calendar for the review of HR & Admin Manager.
- Identify suitable trainers or training service provider, act as the focal point for all trainers and training needs.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all training documents, i.e., training request form, attendance, PR & training proposals etc.
- Conduct feedback survey after each training, to assess the outcome of the training.
Training database/ reports
- Maintain a database keeping records of individual staff training information and update it in a regularly basis.
- Prepare the monthly report to share with HR & Admin Manager.
- Use the database information for preparing ROI
- Advise and assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns.
- Coordinate with Insurance Company for medical and accidental benefits.
- Prepare the relocation grants proposal for the new staff as per policy.
- Keep records of documents regarding additional housing allowance for staffs living in Ukhiya.
- Manage, coordinate & administer the festival bonus as per Bangladesh labor law.
- Assist in the implementation any people well-being initiatives.
Staff exit management
- Ensure that all staff go through a proper exit process using including , handover notes, completing the clearance form, completing the online exit interview form, and the exiting debrief with the line manager and update the HR& Admin Manager on all exiting staff for monthly payroll updating.
- Ensure separated files are updated (resignation letter, clearance form, performance appraisal).
Others: Perform any other duties assigned by the line manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience of staff and labor recruitment.
- NGO work experience would be added advantages.
- Experience in conducting recruitment processes in humanitarian set up
- Experience working in multi-cultural work settings
Education: University degree in the field of human resources management, or similar Technical skills in HR management, preferably including recruitment and Payroll
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Can speak & write Bangla
- Chittagong language is desired