Background Information - Job-specific
The Partnerships and Liaison Group (PLG) supports UNOPS efforts to build closer ties with partners across the full spectrum of UNOPS activities. By forging strategic relationships and working with partners, both in the field and at headquarters, PLG seeks to not only ensure high partners satisfaction with UNOPS project implementation and support, but also to integrate best practices and innovative solutions from experienced non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the private sector into UNOPS operations. Based in Copenhagen, PLG has liaison offices in Amman, Bangkok, Brussels, Geneva, Nairobi, Tokyo and Washington DC, and supports partners such as the World Bank, the European Union, the United Nations Environment Programme, UNHCR, WHO, UN-Habitat, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, Islamic Development Bank, national governments and others.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the HR Partnerships Specialist, the Analyst provides support to PLG on HR services as per speculated in the Global Agreements between UNOPS and its partners, and in coordination with the relevant practices within the HQs groups, as well as with the regions for the effective delivery of HR services globally. He/she maintains communications with clients on a daily basis on operational matters and applies HR practices and policies, rules and regulations, helps establish internal procedures and provides daily solutions to a spectrum of HR issues. The Analyst supports and promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations and contributes to the maintenance of high partner satisfaction. The Analyst works in close collaboration with other team members within PLG, as well as other teams in the regions and HQ to ensure successful performance.
The incumbent will play an active role in supporting the Specialist in all of the areas mentioned below for partnership facilitation, policy advice and knowledge management:
- Support in the professional upholding of partnerships under the HR Business Portfolio
- Serve as an initial contact point to the HR Business Portfolio partners and identify and address issues related to the agreement in consultation with the regional and country offices involved and contribute to address them in a proactive manner.
- Support with technical knowledge and solutions to partners, and support the coordination of possible expansions of services with partners
- Maintain and manage the daily operations and communications with the regions and country offices specific to the current agreements providing the following services:
- Technical support to manage the partner relationship
- Operational support, including preparation of corporate reporting and timely submissions
- Work in close partnership with the regions and/or partners on operationalizing best practices, towards global and other tailored agreements around HR services.
- Assist in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks and addressing them in a constructive manner.
- Contribute to the development, design and continuous improvement of HR knowledge products, including support materials and guidance documents, for colleagues in the regions and field
- Regular input and update accurate data and information for each partner to facilitate monitoring of the projects in the portfolio and use this information for communication tools
- Contribute to the overall knowledge management through systematic documentation of best practices and lessons learned from the regions and country offices and sharing them in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in Communities of Practice (CoP) and other knowledge sharing channels across UNOPS operations worldwide.
- Support seminars, workshops, training(s) and other special events facilitated by PLG, including content development, logistics, etc.
- Ad hoc support as needed
Education: Advanced University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or relevant field. A first level university degree (Bachelor) in relevant fields combined with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
- At least one year of progressive responsible experience in the field of Human Resources in an international context required.
- Experience with UN/UNOPS policies and procedures, especially in the field of human resources required.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Google Suite applications (Docs, Slides and Sheets) and/or MS Office programmes, particularly with Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Demonstrated experience working in the areas of Analysis and reporting, partnership development, Project or programme support is required.
- Experience with data analytics concepts and tools is an asset
- Client and partner management experience, a distinctive asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment, including communication skills and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
- Flexibility, including demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to adapt to changing work and circumstances and respond to unforeseen developments
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset